Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2015 12:46:01 AM EDT
I've been wanting to do this for the past couple of years and since I'm on vacation this week I might actually get to head down Friday.

I've got a Renzetti Saltwater Traveler vise and it's awesome. For the past few years they've hosted Fly Fishing and Rod Building Fair with the proceeds benefitting the Florida programs offered by Casting for Recovery and Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing.

Among the guests will be Lefty Kreh, Bob Clouser, Jon Cave, Flip Pallot, Nick Curcione, Bob Popovics, Pat Ehlers, John Stumpe, Curtis Baker just to mention a few. David Lambert is a member of our local fly club and will be doing casting lessons as well.

If you're in the neighborhood of Titusville it's hard to beat $10 Fri 12-4/$15 Sat 9:30-3:30 to hang out with fly fishing royalty.

btw, no affiliation, just a fly fishing nerd.

Link Posted: 12/3/2015 11:31:49 PM EDT
[#1]
That will be fun! There are some names on the list from my past. Back in 85 or 86 I did a flyfishing for sharks show for Eye on LA with Nick. He is a good guy.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 10:48:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I had a great time. I watched Nick's casting presentation for a bit. I missed Bob P but watched Bob Clouser casting. I missed his tying presentation while I was on the factory tour. That was quite cool to see where my awesome vise was born.

I enjoyed Lefty's casting and tying presentations and had the opportunity to talk to him for a bit. He's pretty spry for a guy about to turn 91.

Here's Lefty tying his namesake Deceiver pattern.

And here's that exact fly in MY vise at home. That's right. I now possess a Lefty Deceiver tied by the legend himself. He runs the feathers through his mouth to wet them and get them to do what he wants so I also have Lefty DNA. I think I'm going to clone him.

It was great to see the varied vendors. I drooled over the Hells Bay boats and Custom Gheenoes and chatted with the guys from SCOF. Several fly shops were represented along with a number of tiers and many guest speakers. The Renzettis are great people and I was glad to help support the two worthy organizations.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top