Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2015 11:59:38 PM EDT
Heading to Belize for 7 days of salt water flats fishing in 2016. Anyone been? How'd you like it, How was/is Belize in general? how are the puddle jumpers running from Belize City out to the Caye's?

Most of all how was/is the fishing?

J-
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 1:18:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Have a friend that his brother lives in belieze. He said that they steal everything down there.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 2:30:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have a friend that his brother lives in belieze. He said that they steal everything down there.
View Quote

good to know. Hopefully at the lodge that we are gonna be at it will be different.

J-
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 2:42:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Never had anything stolen but I haven't been recently. The puddle jumpers are fine, but don't go into Belize City.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 9:04:15 AM EDT
[#4]
interested in info on Belize too going to go in June for 10 days to 2 weeks. Nice places to stay good place to fish.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:41:38 PM EDT
[#5]
We took a trip down to Amber Key a few years back. We stayed at "EL PESCADORA" I believe it was called. Nice beachfront fishing/diving resort. We tried the flats fishing for half a day and the wife got a bit frustrated with the wind and a big fly rod. I asked the guide to "put her on some fish" and he smiled and took us out of the flats and through the mangroves and came out to the ocean where we proceeded to have the time of our lives. He took a cast net and caught some "ocean minnows" and then proceeded to pole us along the shoreline in about 3-4 ft. of absolutely gin clear water only 20-50 yards off the beach. The bottom was covered in some type of "grass" and lying in the grass were HUGE Barracuda that would just gently put a minnow in its mouth about 10 feet from the boat and then you set the hook. WOW!!! With the water being so shallow the Barracuda had nowhere to go but up up and away! Outstanding long runs followed by acrobatics followed by horizontal bullet like jumps of 40 feet or better. I`d go back in a heartbeat.

The beaches were not good as the sand is more like mud under the water. The food was great. Very much an international crowd at the resort including some Russians. Most folks come here for the "grand slam" including bonefish, tarpon and some other uninteresting fish. Just give me the Barracuda.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top