Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2014 7:49:43 AM EDT
Hello all, I usually fish saltwater but am going to be in Payson, AZ this December and was wondering if any of the water up there have trout in them around late December. Just wondering if it would be worth the hassle of taking my light fly rig along with me. If so, could also use suggestions on what flies to use that time of year.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:54:38 AM EDT
[#1]
http://paysonrimcountry.com/Mountain-Recreation/Fishing-Spots/Rim-Country-Streams
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 12:12:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://paysonrimcountry.com/Mountain-Recreation/Fishing-Spots/Rim-Country-Streams
View Quote

Thanks, I have perused that site multiple times and am familiar with many of the places to go but was more interested in people's experience fishing in late December. AZG&F apparently run stocking programs up there in the spring, summer, and fall and the fishing is good in those corresponding seasons.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:33:14 AM EDT
[#3]
im not familiar with all the areas around payson but I have a cabin near christopher creek . you will fin a lot of trout if you fly fish downstream of where christopher creek meets tonto creek.    they are there all year round unlike upstream where there are only a fish for a day or two after stocking when all the campers are up there fishing.  there are some houses in spots along the way down tonto creek in a couple spots .  Just work around them.

google map starting point...

34.308990, -111.074066
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top