Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2014 7:59:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 2:36:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's a link which gives the value of South Bend bamboo fly rods, yours is listed at $200, but that may vary with the maker etc.

http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/topic/9/t/History-and-value-of-South-Bend-Rods.html

Bamboo fly rods cast slower than the newer rods.  Becoming proficient with roll casts to start, and by using the right flies you should have a good time.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 12:50:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I would fish it. Bamboo has a feel that gets under your skin. I love fishing bamboo!
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 1:04:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Wish I could try one.  At least it'll make a nice wall piece if the FIL will let you have it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 1:06:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:12:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Bamboo wouldn't be bad to learn on.  They're slow--meaning slow line speed.  It won't throw a mile of line, but it'll throw enough.  Plus they're very forgiving and easy to learn on.

As noted above, they're a real joy to fish.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top