Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2013 1:25:39 PM EDT
Pere Marquette River King: Back in Sept.

Elk Creek PA: Last week swinging flies with my buddy Senyo.

Smallies (my crack!): Pic does not do this 19inch (taped) fish justice! I normally hate holding a bass like that but I was fishing solo.

I have soooo many other pics but these were the best of the best (my phone died that had a shit ton of upper/west michigan trout pics on it). All fish came on flies I tied (except the smallie, that was on a boogle bug, because they work!). I'm lucky enought to be friends with a bunch of guys in the industry and get alot of awesome opportunities to fish with them where not too many other people get to fish (or atleast have to pay some bucks to fish) and get to tie with very innovative fly tyers/designers.

My salmon/big fish set up is a 9ft 8/9wt Beulah bluewater (awesome stick) with a Ross CLA 5 reel, spooled for the specific circumstances.

Steelie rod is a 11'9 7wt Ross Reach switch rod with a CLA 5, SA Skagit extereme head (floater or intermediate depending on water conditions), Rio gripshooter runner and IMOW/MOW tips swinging big flies. I have devoted my Steelie fishing to swinging flies only, no indi rigs etc even though they work great and will outfish swung flies. Swinging flies it just so much more fun etc in my opinion.

Bass rod is a 9ft 7wt Scott A4 with Ross Evolution LT reel and depending on the time of year etc spooled with either Rio Outbound short intermediate/floater for heavy streamers or SA Titan Taper for smaller streamers and top water stuff.

I fish about 150days ayear and have a shit ton of pics to go through and I'll update this thread.

Tight lines and stay safe out there,

J-

Link Posted: 11/13/2013 5:18:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Good lord, I need to get in on that.  Fished for steelhead today and had one hookup--need to ride shotgun with someone who knows what the heck they're doing.
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 6:37:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Great pictures, thanks for sharing. I fished as a child in Alaska. I've always wanted to get back into it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top