Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tacked Fly fishing pics (Page 3 of 6)
Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/22/2012 11:19:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks. The king hit a black stonefly. It was a ride for sure, 8wt. NW Bigfin switch rod with 10# leader.
Link Posted: 10/10/2012 11:32:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: the-answer-is-42] [#2]
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Alaska Kenai river and KY

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 10:13:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I upgraded my setups...

6WT St Croix Legen Elite with a Galvan Torque
8WT St Croix Imperial with a Ross Evolution
8WT St Croix Imperial with a Nautilus FWX

Love them.

Link Posted: 5/25/2013 9:00:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 1:09:23 PM EDT
[#7]

place holder for pic of me and my dad in Montana, god I love fly fishing. im going tomorrow now!
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 1:55:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Fishing the Soque River in N GA over Memorial Day weekend.

Link Posted: 6/9/2013 3:30:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 9:39:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By JaxShooter:
Fishing the Soque River in N GA over Memorial Day weekend.

http://distilleryimage2.ak.instagram.com/821c351ac87411e2a42522000a1f96b3_7.jpg

Was that a private or public section of te river? I hear that it has nice size trout but most of it is private property..
Link Posted: 6/16/2013 2:30:10 PM EDT
[#11]

A photo from yesterday's catch
Link Posted: 6/16/2013 2:32:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Another from last weekend
Link Posted: 6/24/2013 1:27:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MudBug] [#13]
Originally Posted By TraumaRN:
Originally Posted By MudBug:
Cool stuff. I grew up fishing, love fishing, but fly-fishing has always seemed to much trouble.

I did recently by some gear so I could start trying it though.

You have lots of good water in AZ! Get out there!

Funny, I forgot I posted this here. (This post in from 2008)

I've actually be fly fishing for the last 2 years now.

Big trout at Becker lake.

Small Pike at Upper Lake Mary.

Small wild browns on Mogollon Rim creeks.

Lee's Ferry Trout on a big bunny streamer.

Big bass at Lake Pleasant on a Gurgler

Big Apache on the White Mountai Rez.

Fishing for Speckled Trout in the gulf of Mexico. (Everyone there thought I was crazy. They were very surprised that I could catch Specs on a fly)

Link Posted: 6/24/2013 2:55:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bill247] [#14]

My dad catching a little brownie near Todd, NC this past Memorial Day.
Link Posted: 6/24/2013 4:08:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I hit the local creek yesterday and really outdid myself!

Link Posted: 6/25/2013 12:09:56 AM EDT
[#16]
First trout on a fly rod.

Link Posted: 8/17/2013 1:07:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 30Caliber] [#17]
A day in CT.

I was cruising for little brookies up a small side-channel and picked this guy up in a pocket along the bank.  10" of water.  Wild fish.

Link Posted: 8/22/2013 12:46:56 PM EDT
[#18]
That fish in pic number 1 must have put up a hell of a fight
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 5:53:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Huron River Smallies

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:06:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Hit the flood tide to nail some reds in the grass last weekend.

Waiting for the water to come in

Fish on!

Fishy
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 2:18:40 PM EDT
[#21]
I want to fish the jax flood tide so bad...
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 5:07:01 PM EDT
[#22]
There had to be close to a dozen tails in this same area. It was very sporadic until this, though.

The flats haven't been flooding like they should since the water level has been less than predicted. I heard last weekend was good because the wind pushed the tide in. I'm looking forward to later in the year for sure. October should be firing!
Link Posted: 8/28/2013 4:59:20 PM EDT
[#23]
NICE!!!!! I need to get the dust off my rods and get out there.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 8:31:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JaxShooter] [#24]
A couple of weeks ago I had to send my TFO BVK back after mangling a snake guide. I just took it out for the first time today along with the new Mangrove I bought while it was being repaired.

As I made a cast with the Mangrove the front went flying. I figured I hadn't attached the sections securely but when I pulled the line back in I realized the damn section snapped in two over a foot from the joint. WTF?

Only my third time out with it and it's heading back to TFO.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 5:39:56 PM EDT
[#25]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

A couple of weeks ago I had to send my TFO BVK back after mangling a snake guide. I just took it out for the first time today along with the new Mangrove I bought while it was being repaired.

As I made a cast with the Mangrove the front went flying. I figured I hadn't attached the sections securely but when I pulled the line back in I realized the damn section snapped in two over a foot from the joint. WTF?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v386/fotomonkey/BTHOCMcIMAAJo4m_zps0e878db1.jpg

View Quote

Done that myself.
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 2:58:31 PM EDT
[#26]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v386/fotomonkey/BTHOCMcIMAAJo4m_zps0e878db1.jpg

View Quote

Haven't heard of this happening to the Mangrove series, it's supposed to be a much better rod than the BVK with it's TICR coating. The BVK on the other hand is a fragile POS. I only use Sage and Orvis Helios rods now.

Pic thread:

Link Posted: 9/3/2013 7:58:45 PM EDT
[#27]
My shop said they hadn't heard of it either and I was surprised with the TiCr coating. Then again, it's a fairly new rod so I don't know how many of them they've sold. I think I confused the gal at TFO when I called. I put it to the attention of some specific guy in the warranty area so I guess we'll see if he says it was my fault or the rod. Just can't figure out why it snapped right in the middle of the section.

Now I just hope I get it back in time for the flood on the 14th. Not holding my breath, though.
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 8:32:40 PM EDT
[#28]

How do you like that Slayer, as far as fly fishing goes?

Link Posted: 9/3/2013 8:50:41 PM EDT
[#29]
I love it. As long as I don't have any extra stuff added to the cockpit (paddle holder, camera, etc) there's very little for the line to get caught on. Right now I'm running two Scotty holders behind the seat in the tracks, YakAttack VISICarbon Pro, and a milk crate behind the seat. I keep my measuring scale in the front hatch and my SOP slips under the front bungees.

It's been very stable for me aside from flipping it once which was my fault. I stand almost constantly if I'm not paddling. It's very rare that I cast while seated.

All I need to do is figure out how to transition from paddle to rod while standing. If I'm fishing a flood tide I take a 8' SOP to use more for poling than staking out. I try to only use my paddle for paddling and not poling through the grass. The only problem now is that when I see a fish I have to quietly put the paddle/SOP down and pick up the rod.

All in all I'm very happy. Even my friend who guides with a Ride 135 is interested in trying it out. He's been impressed with its simplicity, cargo space, etc. And everyone at the ramp loves the wheel.
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 11:10:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Mattyvac:

Haven't heard of this happening to the Mangrove series, it's supposed to be a much better rod than the BVK with it's TICR coating. The BVK on the other hand is a fragile POS. I only use Sage and Orvis Helios rods now.
View Quote

You mean the very same Orvis Helios that was quickly turned around into a Helios 2 because the original was breaking in the butt section too much?

Seems they made it TOO light. They beefed it up some and very quickly turned out the Helios 2.

Oh, and my buddy had a Spanish Mackerel break one of his Sage rods in Mexico this past spring.
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 11:13:41 PM EDT
[#31]
My shop said they hadn't heard of it either and I was surprised with the TiCr coating. Then again, it's a fairly new rod so I don't know how many of them they've sold. I think I confused the gal at TFO when I called. I put it to the attention of some specific guy in the warranty area so I guess we'll see if he says it was my fault or the rod. Just can't figure out why it snapped right in the middle of the section.

Now I just hope I get it back in time for the flood on the 14th. Not holding my breath, though.
View Quote

TFO has a reputation for two week turn arounds on warranty stuff, unlike Sage who is creeping passed two months lately.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 12:07:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Last month my BVK was just a week door-to-door.
Link Posted: 9/30/2013 1:21:55 PM EDT
[#33]
instagram dump:

Link Posted: 10/2/2013 12:09:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 8:26:24 PM EDT
[#35]
My first time fly fishing

Link Posted: 12/6/2013 12:40:28 PM EDT
[#36]
some local winter action…

Link Posted: 1/5/2014 4:57:11 PM EDT
[#37]
On the local tailwater yesterday to try out the new switch rod and Allen reel. Didn't catch anything since the trout all just seemed to follow and would not commit.

Link Posted: 8/5/2014 2:51:52 AM EDT
[#38]
grandpa and I on the naknek a couple months ago.  caught our limit of sockeye from 3-8 pounds every day and between the two of us  probably caught about 60 rainbows averaging 24 inches.  Damn good fishing and the Neknek River camp is the best damn deal you could ask for on a guided trip.  cheap as hell .  they let you do what you want and go where you want and their guides know where the fish are.  never a dull moment.

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 4:21:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Here's one of the nicer browns I caught last weekend, at my usual spot.

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 5:37:25 PM EDT
[#40]

Pic thread:

http://www.skinnyskiff.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/SkinnySkiff-Indian-River-Aug-2013-1-1024x764.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Pic thread:

http://www.skinnyskiff.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/SkinnySkiff-Indian-River-Aug-2013-1-1024x764.jpg

That is a load of shit, especially when coupled with your statement about the Helios Rods being one one of your go-to;s now. The Helios rods were breaking so fast that the H2 came out to replace it before the Helios was even a year old.

yes, there have been some reports of some BVKs breaking, but not even close to the level the Helios rods did or the BVK would have been revamped already, and it hasn't been.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 4:31:17 PM EDT
[#41]

That is a load of shit, especially when coupled with your statement about the Helios Rods being one one of your go-to;s now. The Helios rods were breaking so fast that the H2 came out to replace it before the Helios was even a year old.

yes, there have been some reports of some BVKs breaking, but not even close to the level the Helios rods did or the BVK would have been revamped already, and it hasn't been.

View All Quotes

Pic thread:

The Helios II is my go-to, not the Helios I. I know lots of people in the FL saltwater fly fishing community, and the BVK by far has the most incidents of breakage out of any rod series we've ever seen. Maybe it's different upstate.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 8:31:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fallout15] [#42]
Muskegon River

Link Posted: 6/7/2015 6:13:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 30Caliber] [#43]
Had a heck of a time with this one. Subtle take.  A couple big buttery thrashes, then he took off upstream, got under a boulder, and the line wasn't moving.  Thought that was going to be it; maybe the dropper had snagged and he was gone.  So I let the line go slack and worked around to the side.  And he popped out of the far side of the boulder and headed downstream.  A lot of flailing through water I normally wouldn't attempt to wade to follow my line around the big undercut boulder.  He cornered around a second rock shortly after that as he picked up steam (unnerving to see the line under a big rock with him still peeling it off).  I think my saving grace was that he actually took the dropper (#14 prince nymph w/ fire orange thread) and not the point fly.  5x tippet--green spool Rio--not my normal stuff but it was all I had.

Still had plenty left when I netted him. Wasn't interested in hanging out in my hand, he took off the second I pointed his nose upstream.

Not the most productive day, but this was a heck of a way to finish out.

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 5:09:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MonkeyGrip] [#44]
Columbia River Smallmouth

I haven't been able to get them much interested in actual flies, so had to revert to using a small piece of the tail of their favorite plastic worm, as the "fly".
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 10:36:35 PM EDT
[#45]

The Helios II is my go-to, not the Helios I. I know lots of people in the FL saltwater fly fishing community, and the BVK by far has the most incidents of breakage out of any rod series we've ever seen. Maybe it's different upstate.
View All Quotes

Pic thread:

I can't speak for the H1 but I have an H2 11wt that I have beat the living shit out of musky fishing the last two years. It's still going strong.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 10:37:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By 30Caliber:
Had a heck of a time with this one. Subtle take.  A couple big buttery thrashes, then he took off upstream, got under a boulder, and the line wasn't moving.  Thought that was going to be it; maybe the dropper had snagged and he was gone.  So I let the line go slack and worked around to the side.  And he popped out of the far side of the boulder and headed downstream.  A lot of flailing through water I normally wouldn't attempt to wade to follow my line around the big undercut boulder.  He cornered around a second rock shortly after that as he picked up steam (unnerving to see the line under a big rock with him still peeling it off).  I think my saving grace was that he actually took the dropper (#14 prince nymph w/ fire orange thread) and not the point fly.  5x tippet--green spool Rio--not my normal stuff but it was all I had.

Still had plenty left when I netted him. Wasn't interested in hanging out in my hand, he took off the second I pointed his nose upstream.
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm160/30CalTy/IMG_1289_zpswklyfsdb.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm160/30CalTy/IMG_1290_zpsp3vic3v8.jpg

Not the most productive day, but this was a heck of a way to finish out.

View Quote

Awesome BNT. I spend some time in western Upstate; my inlaws live there, near Corning. Maybe I need to bring a fly rod next trip...
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 11:35:02 AM EDT
[#47]

Erie pa lake shore brown

Link Posted: 12/17/2015 6:08:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Spent some time yesterday chasing midge feeding spring creek browns, I took one on a orange caddis larvae also.

Link Posted: 12/20/2015 12:49:31 PM EDT
[#49]

Originally Posted By 45pulse:

Spent some time yesterday chasing midge feeding spring creek browns, I took one on a orange caddis larvae also.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm245/minuteofanglex15/Mobile%20Uploads/FullSizeRender_zps9bp2saf3.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm245/minuteofanglex15/Mobile%20Uploads/FullSizeRender_zpsbo8hbxdz.jpg

View Quote

Pretty.  I do well in May-Sept.  Outside of that, I catch nuthin.

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 2:41:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Few from 2015. :) Got into a ton of smallies, some steelhead, some brookies, a few pike, a few carp. It was an awesome season.

Page / 6
Tacked Fly fishing pics (Page 3 of 6)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top