Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2017 9:49:23 AM EDT
2013 Seaark RX872 with 2001 Eninrude 90hp Ficht engine.

30 gallin tank, Seaark galvanized trailer and extra storage compartment in the rear.

Going boating Saturday weather willing.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:54:44 AM EDT
[#1]
30 gallin tank,
View Quote
What's a gallin?

The two best days in a boat owner's life are (1) the day he buys his boat, and (2) the day he sells it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 8:59:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
2013 Seaark RX872 with 2001 Eninrude 90hp Ficht engine.

30 gallin tank, Seaark galvanized trailer and extra storage compartment in the rear.

Going boating Saturday weather willing.
View Quote

Hopefully it will run ok for you. The FICHT is one of OMC's red headed step children.

Never mind what Frank said, as long as you are happy and don't have to throw a bunch of $$$$ at it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:32:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Never mind what Frank said, as long as you are happy and don't have to throw a bunch of $$$$ at it.
View Quote
Yer right. I do hope you have a good time with  your boat! They can be spendy though.
At least it wasn't an airplane. I told the owner of a niiice Bonanza the old story of "a boat is a hole in the water into which you shovel tons of money." The Bonanza owner lifted his nose and sneered, "BOAT OWNERS DON'T KNOW HOW TO SPEND MONEY!"
Best of luck!
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 9:17:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Engine ran like a champ used about 10 gallons of gas today. Hitchcock launched. Then past Green's lake. Then back under causeway through Galveston ship channel to cement ship. North to intercostal then west under causeway and to Louis baitcamp to head home. Full throttle 37mph. Prop a bit smaller diameter after I idled through some mud by Hall's bayou ranch while my 4 year old boy was casting his rubber snake and trying to catch a fish.

Internet research seems to show the 90hp motor was not a problem. I also don't think the previous owners ever greased their bearing buddies as all the gray slimy grease had a few drops of water in the grease when I pumped them up. Also need to get some loade range D or E 14" tires for the trailer as the old car tires on the trailer now bulge like balloons when the trailer bounces on highway 6.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 2:45:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Congrats! Nice rigs.

One problem with the Fitch's and E-Tek's. Never try to start it with low battery. Lo Amps can fry the ECU. $$$

No biggie, just keep your crankin batteriy topped up.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 8:03:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Anybody use a solar panel to trickle charge their boat battery while it sits during the week?
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 8:11:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anybody use a solar panel to trickle charge their boat battery while it sits during the week?
View Quote
Yep, A $39 Go power 5 Watt. Keeps my Deka group 27 1K CCA battery around 12.8-13.2 depending on cloud cover. I had to splice in 10' of wire for it to reach from the roof down under my boat cover.

Note, My 115 HP Fitch owners manual specs a minimum 1K CCA battery.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 12:33:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Solar might work for you but a battery maintainer is pretty cheep and costs little to run and has a better chance to bring up a low battery. About $20 at Home Depot , of course only works if you store boat near a plug

I know that Bombadier is now owner of the old OMC trade names (johnson and Evenrude) and they make the new engines but do they or anybody else supporting parts for the older OMC's?
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 12:39:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Solar might work for you but a battery maintainer is pretty cheep and costs little to run and has a better chance to bring up a low battery.

I know that Bombadier is now owner of the old OMC trade names (johnson and Evenrude) and they make the new engines but do they or anybody else supporting parts for the older OMC's?
View Quote
Fiicht parts are going to become unavailable and until then the prices are going to keep going up.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 10:13:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yep, A $39 Go power 5 Watt. Keeps my Deka group 27 1K CCA battery around 12.8-13.2 depending on cloud cover. I had to splice in 10' of wire for it to reach from the roof down under my boat cover.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b0/09/11/b0091106fb0eaabc2be66ad120f35582--solar-panels-amazon-com.jpg

Note, My 115 HP Fitch owners manual specs a minimum 1K CCA battery.
View Quote
Thank you. My 90hp was used so no owner manual. I ordered a stainless prop as the aluminum on spun in the sand and dinged something. I ordered a Michigan prop with the 13.25x17 same as currently on boat with the switchable rubber core.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 7:34:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

What's a gallin?

The two best days in a boat owner's life are (1) the day he buys his boat, and (2) the day he sells it.
View Quote
I hate this comment....over used and just plain wrong......we get our boat out several times a week and couldn't imagine being without a way to get on the water.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top