Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2017 10:21:26 PM EDT
I had a boat built and now am doing what I can in order to make sure I keep it.  I live in an area where things will walk off if not tended.

Does anyone know where to find a 5/8 locking pin (like a locking receiver pin) that is at least FIVE inches long?

I pulled the swing away tongue off of my trailer and put it into the garage, but would like to also shove a lock into one of the 5/8 inch holes on the trailer end of the connection for good measure.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 10:27:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Google is your friend. Check Amazon, uhaul and other trailer suppliers. Northern Tool. Rac to Supply, etc. Will likely all have them. I have one that is like that, but have had it so long that I can't recall where I got it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 10:31:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I just use a long hardened master lock through the hole where the pin goes through.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 11:04:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Google is your friend. Check Amazon, uhaul and other trailer suppliers. Northern Tool. Rac to Supply, etc. Will likely all have them. I have one that is like that, but have had it so long that I can't recall where I got it.
View Quote
Google is your friend, if you use the right search terms. So is Amazon with the right terms. It turns out the correct term for this item is "Swing Away Trailer Lock." Unfortunately, the terms I was using prior to my question included the word "receiver" and weren't getting me anything over 3 1/2 inches. When I drove to the local places so I could get it secured tonight, the guys at O'Reilly's, Menards, and Harbor Freight were less than helpful.

Here it is for anyone who has a swing away tongue they want to secure.  $20.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 11:15:44 PM EDT
[#4]
While I'm at it, does anyone have a good way to secure a Pro-Drive 36 to a hull beyond the bolts I already have it attached with?

Outboard padlock sets like this one don't work because of the stuff that controls the motor bounce and the hydraulics gets in the way.

I would like to rely on something other than bolts and the fact that the motor is really heavy.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 11:26:31 PM EDT
[#5]
How about one of these McGard lock nuts for stern drives on one or more of the mounting bolts?
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:09:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How about one of these McGard lock nuts for stern drives on one or more of the mounting bolts?
View Quote
That looks like it will do the trick.

Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top