Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2016 4:04:16 PM EDT
Not a lot of traffic here I see, But Ill start. Post up your Fishing boat pics even kayaks or whatever you got. Did not see a current boat pic thread so I started one. Dont leave me hanging too long guys. Even if you just shoot fish off your boat with your AR

1542 Tracker Jon 15 HP Merc. Dual batteries to my trolling motor. Less than 3000 in my whole setup and the boat is new.

Link Posted: 12/7/2016 4:24:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Full time charter captain here.. inshore flats and backwaters only..
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 4:35:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Full time charter captain here.. inshore flats and backwaters only..
View Quote

Nice, that's a serious electric trolling motor.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 4:49:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

1997 Boatright 2278
2014 Mercury Pro XS 175
You won't find a negative review on a Boatright, best boat I've ever owned.

Boatright marine website

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 4:54:59 PM EDT
[#4]
G3 1860 CCT

Edited to add a couple more.

I don't have any good pics of my Boat.

Need to take some good ones one of these days.

Attachment Attached File

On a sandbar on the Mississippi River

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 5:10:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Tell us, year model and maker?
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 5:21:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Tell us, year model and maker?
View Quote

Edited my post.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 5:23:02 PM EDT
[#7]
1983 McKee Craft Offshoreman, completely re-rigged in 2014. Best boat I've ever owned.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 9:51:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Not a lot of traffic here I see, But Ill start. Post up your Fishing boat pics even kayaks or whatever you got. Did not see a current boat pic thread so I started one. Dont leave me hanging too long guys. Even if you just shoot fish off your boat with your AR

1542 Tracker Jon 15 HP Merc. Dual batteries to my trolling motor. Less than 3000 in my whole setup and the boat is new.

https://s20.postimg.org/f9w4ftbel/462.jpg
https://s20.postimg.org/rl7x287wd/008.jpg
https://s20.postimg.org/oy9kiy67x/019.jpg
View Quote

Nice set up. And a beautiful lake! Where is that? What do you catch there?
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 9:55:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Not a lot of traffic here I see
View Quote

I have been asking for a boating forum in the General section for a while with no success.

This forum doesn't get much traffic but if you post boat things in GD you get dog piled with all the boat cliches.

We really need a boat forum for all types of boats, not just fishing boats.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 11:40:30 PM EDT
[#10]
There was a boat pic sticky thread.  Did it get disappeared with the site change?  My 3.  They're all set up considerably different from when these pics were taken but same boats.

Link Posted: 12/8/2016 12:14:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Tin boat. 22' Excel w/Etech 150. I fish a big lake in the summer and the creeks in the winter. This boat is called a "bay boat". I fished the bays pretty hard for 15 years and this is not a boat I'd buy for "bay fishing". Works great for what I use it for though. Top speed 52 mph.

Link Posted: 12/8/2016 12:55:26 AM EDT
[#12]
It doesn't go fast, but the rivets have all been reset and it doesn't leak. It handles the abuse it gets on the river pretty well.

Link Posted: 12/8/2016 11:20:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Nice set up. And a beautiful lake! Where is that? What do you catch there?
View Quote

Thats Placid Lake Montana, Excellent Lake. Ive caught  Small mouth bass, Northern Pike(which I always kill), Brown trout, Lake trout, And snagged salmon there. We dont have alot of lake fishing here in western Montana, but the lakes I do have access to are Awesome as far as the view. Until the weather Turns on you!
Lake Como(Montana) in the spring. Theres a sweet waterfall at the back.

My ugly Mug with a Bass out of placid. Wish I had a Salmon Pic.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 7:06:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Thats Placid Lake Montana, Excellent Lake. Ive caught  Small mouth bass, Northern Pike(which I always kill), Brown trout, Lake trout, And snagged salmon there. We dont have alot of lake fishing here in western Montana, but the lakes I do have access to are Awesome as far as the view. Until the weather Turns on you!
Lake Como(Montana) in the spring. Theres a sweet waterfall at the back.
https://s20.postimg.org/mr5bv10xp/398.jpg

My ugly Mug with a Bass out of placid. Wish I had a Salmon Pic.
https://s20.postimg.org/uj0ai6q65/464.jpg
View Quote

That is some awesome scenery right there.

Here are a few pics from around here on the TN River

Link Posted: 12/10/2016 1:15:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Alumacraft 165 Sport, Suzuki 90 outboard.

Attachment Attached File

Jackson Tripper 12 kayak

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:02:59 AM EDT
[#16]
I think this was the day I added the transducer and wiring and installed the mount for the combination depthfinder/GPS.  I thought it would be nice to know how far I was from the truck in case of sudden bad weather or dark approaching.  You know, can I fish awhile longer or do I need to put the pole down, grab the paddle and haul butt for the landing/truck.

Since then I've also added some more rails for rod mounts so I can troll while paddling from one spot to another on a pond/lake.

Link Posted: 12/12/2016 6:12:09 PM EDT
[#17]

2016 North River 22ft Seahawk
Yamaha 250 HP 3.3L V6
Yamaha 9.9 HP High Thrust Kicker w/ Garmin TR-1 Gold Autopilot
Samson Tower
Garmin 7610xsv Chartplotter
Garmin 18xHD Radar
Lowrance VHF
Rigid Industries front light bar and rear deck lights
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 7:18:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz32/HuskyKMA/0609161559_zpszlonr4bv.jpg

Yamaha 250 HP 3.3L V6
Samson Tower
Garmin 18xHD Radar
Lowrance VHF
View Quote

Nice!

What kind of fish do you usually go after?
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:26:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Nice!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz32/HuskyKMA/0609161559_zpszlonr4bv.jpg

Yamaha 250 HP 3.3L V6
Samson Tower
Garmin 18xHD Radar
Lowrance VHF

Nice!

I primarily fish in the Columbia River for salmon and steelhead. However, the boat is setup for ocean salmon, bottomfish, halibut, and albacore tuna as well. I also just got a pair of downriggers that I need to mount for kokanee fishing in the lakes.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 12:41:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Last week

Link Posted: 12/13/2016 11:29:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Last week
View Quote

Nice. I really want a kayak next. I like seeing these setups.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 6:47:30 PM EDT
[#22]

2000 Ranger 619vs
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 2:00:25 PM EDT
[#23]

2000 Eastern 18. We fish for lakers and land locked salmon. 

Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:29:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 8:00:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Just upgraded.

Sea Hunt BX22BR Bay
112 Ulterra Trolling Motor
Lowrance HDS 9
Yamaha F200

It's sweet!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 8:34:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 9:54:28 AM EDT
[#27]
my boat was lost in a tragic firearms accident.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 10:51:59 AM EDT
[#28]
We've only got a couple of kayaks, for now...

Mine is an Ocean Kayak Trident 13.  I have a Garmin Striker 4DV on it.

Mrs KAD has a Perception Pescador 10 that I snagged off of Craigslist.  

Can't wait to get on the water!

We are buying a new house (close the 17th) that has a 3-car garage.  I've been looking for a smaller fishing boat.  Gotta get in the house to measure the garage to see if I can fit anything in there.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 6:44:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Just upgraded.

Sea Hunt BX22BR Bay
Lowrance HDS 9
Yamaha F200

It's sweet!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/14749/SEA-HUNT-162086.JPG
View Quote

That is an awesome boat!
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 9:24:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That is an awesome boat!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just upgraded.

Sea Hunt BX22BR Bay
Lowrance HDS 9
Yamaha F200

It's sweet!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/14749/SEA-HUNT-162086.JPG

That is an awesome boat!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 9:48:18 PM EDT
[#31]
2015 Hobie Outback 29 inch redfishAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 3:23:46 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Nice kayak and Fish!
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:03:03 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote
that must have been a riot in a kayak. redfish are a blast, so strong.

No saltwater up here, so i chase musky. My POS jonboat.

It's got really good sonar though, 2 hds9s.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:35:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/ffib/P2140702.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/ffib/P2140697.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/ffib/shot%2019.png

View Quote
Looks like some boater had a bad day.  

ETA:  So, regarding the sidescan.  I've been wanting one now that I am boat shopping.  Is the scale at the bottom "feet horizontally?"  So from right below you out to ~80ft either side?
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:38:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/ffib/P2140702.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/ffib/P2140697.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/ffib/shot%2019.png

View Quote
What's going on with the bucket?

I want to get better fish finders but I can't even understand the ones I have.  I have Humminbird 688 up front and then a similar unit on the back with down imaging.  I honestly cant tell the difference between the down imaging and the regular graph except that it's brown.  When I have the graph and the di side by side they appear to be showing the exact same thing.  I would like to try side imaging but don't want to spend the money to be disappointed again.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 5:09:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

What's going on with the bucket?

I want to get better fish finders but I can't even understand the ones I have.  I have Humminbird 688 up front and then a similar unit on the back with down imaging.  I honestly cant tell the difference between the down imaging and the regular graph except that it's brown.  When I have the graph and the di side by side they appear to be showing the exact same thing.  I would like to try side imaging but don't want to spend the money to be disappointed again.
View Quote
Bucket is "tackle box" hang my baits in it. Allows quick access and lets them to dry to prevent rust. Also have my release tools hanging outside for quick access, hook cutters, jaw spreaders, needle noses, split ring pliers, ect. Real important to have the hook cutters handy if you end up pinned to a fish.

KingAirDriver and callmestick

Sidescan/Structure Scan works like a normal sonar in that the transducer can only read straight line distances to targets. The numbers along the bottom are distance from the transducer to what you are seeing displayed. The display scrolls from the top down. The line in the middle is the boat location, the dark area to about the 16' mark is the water column directly beneath the boat. It really becomes useful once you scan an area and put it over your map. I scan weedlines, save them on the map, and fish all summer and fall off one scan. Its awesome for ice fishing too as you can walk right up to where the cribs/logs/weedline/structure and drill 1 hole in the right spot.

stolen pic that illustrates how the sonar cones are shaped.

Depends what kind of fishing your doing. If your casting and targeting specific structure it is worth its weight in gold. Much more efficient time on the water. Trolling or casting open water probably not worth it, although they get cheaper every season. It seems awkward at first, but I figured it out in the 1st 15min on the water. There are plenty of videos and articles out there on it. After using them a few years I wouldnt go without, but Im on the water almost everyday to some extent in the summer months.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 8:37:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Bucket is "tackle box" hang my baits in it. Allows quick access and lets them to dry to prevent rust. Also have my release tools hanging outside for quick access, hook cutters, jaw spreaders, needle noses, split ring pliers, ect. Real important to have the hook cutters handy if you end up pinned to a fish.

KingAirDriver and callmestick

Sidescan/Structure Scan works like a normal sonar in that the transducer can only read straight line distances to targets. The numbers along the bottom are distance from the transducer to what you are seeing displayed. The display scrolls from the top down. The line in the middle is the boat location, the dark area to about the 16' mark is the water column directly beneath the boat. It really becomes useful once you scan an area and put it over your map. I scan weedlines, save them on the map, and fish all summer and fall off one scan. Its awesome for ice fishing too as you can walk right up to where the cribs/logs/weedline/structure and drill 1 hole in the right spot.

stolen pic that illustrates how the sonar cones are shaped.
http://www.bradwiegmann.com/images/stories/lowrance_cone_area%20320x200.png

http://kaydofishingworld.com/wp-content/uploads/unnamed-4.jpg

Depends what kind of fishing your doing. If your casting and targeting specific structure it is worth its weight in gold. Much more efficient time on the water. Trolling or casting open water probably not worth it, although they get cheaper every season. It seems awkward at first, but I figured it out in the 1st 15min on the water. There are plenty of videos and articles out there on it. After using them a few years I wouldnt go without, but Im on the water almost everyday to some extent in the summer months.
View Quote
Thanks, biff.  Good stuff!
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 8:51:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Took me forever to get used to the stick steer:

We just sold our contender 28T and hoping to get into a contender 33T or 36FA...so no bluewater for a while.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:01:47 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm going to use that bucket idea.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:10:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'm going to use that bucket idea.  Thanks.
View Quote
I like the idea myself but I don't use a seat until I get tired.  I have a plastic folgers coffee bucket that I have been using.  I toss all my beat up hooks and soft baits in there and have my pliars and had my scale in there.  I fished with it up there for three years then one day it started to get crazy windy and blew the damned thing right off my boat.  I managed to pick it up still had most of my crap in it but my scale was gone.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 3:36:12 AM EDT
[#41]

Wanted one of those ^, but for $90 I figured I would make my own. Mine cost about $3, used a 2 gallon walmart paint bucket. Drilled drain holes in the bottom and used water bottles with the tops cut off inside to keep the hooks from tangling. Tools outside are just hanging on ziptie loops mounted thru holes in the side of the bucket.

Next one will be a plastic milk crate with square tubes for hangers.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:52:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Took my boat in this morning for new fuel filter, oil water separator, have the 02 sensor cleaned, have the injectors cleaned and a keel guard.   I though long and hard about trying a side scanner but didn't want to spend the money this time.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:14:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I primarily fish in the Columbia River for salmon and steelhead. However, the boat is setup for ocean salmon, bottomfish, halibut, and albacore tuna as well. I also just got a pair of downriggers that I need to mount for kokanee fishing in the lakes.
View Quote
If you ever fish the klick or the mouth of the white give me a call and I'll jump in with you.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 9:50:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#45]
I have been fishing out of my 1994 Four Winns for 10+ years - I've added the pedestal seats fore and aft, and am planning a bow mount troller this year (haven't decided between an Ulterra or a Powerdrive yet).  Right now I do mostly flat trolling with the 4.3 main, and drag buckets if I need to slow down.

In the garage, with fishing seats installed

riding out storm at Lake Powell

My Dad and Cousin while trolling at Bear Lake

Cutthroat Trout at Bear Lake

When i retire in a few more years, I think I'll sell this boat and get a Ranger like callmestick's boat - those are probably the best multipurpose boats around for my uses, and dead sexy.  The Four Winns works for now though, and I'm attached to it - it's been a great, reliable, inexpensive boat, and it looks and runs like new (1994 model).
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 10:39:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
(haven't decided between an Ulterra or a Powerdrive yet)
View Quote
Powerdrive sucks ass don't do it.  You want at least a Terrova with the Ipilot I would have done the Ulterra but it came out a couple months after I bought mine.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 11:07:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Powerdrive sucks ass don't do it.  You want at least a Terrova with the Ipilot I would have done the Ulterra but it came out a couple months after I bought mine.
View Quote
What does the Terrova do that the Powerdrive doesn't (other than have a foot pedal, which I don't need)?  I'm new to trolling motors.  I love the idea of the Ulterra, but am turned off by some of the problems people have reported with them failing to deploy or stow.  I will be mounting whatever i buy on a quick release bracket, but dropping extra coin on an Ulterra and having it crap out on me will not make me very happy.

Whatever I get will have Ipilot - the track memory and Spot Lock are gold for the way I fish.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 11:20:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

What does the Terrova do that the Powerdrive doesn't (other than have a foot pedal, which I don't need)?  I'm new to trolling motors.  I love the idea of the Ulterra, but am turned off by some of the problems people have reported with them failing to deploy or stow.  I will be mounting whatever i buy on a quick release bracket, but dropping extra coin on an Ulterra and having it crap out on me will not make me very happy.

Whatever I get will have Ipilot - the track memory and Spot Lock are gold for the way I fish.
View Quote
The release mechanism on the Powerdrive was awful as was the pedal,  the Terrova is only slightly better.  I would definitely do the quick release bracket, I wish I had done that on mine.  I also wouldn't discount the pedal, they come in pretty handy when you are getting to close to something when you are trying to pull a fish off.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 7:53:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Here is my 1974 Ranger I/O with 140 hp.
It's 16 ft.  It took me about a month to get it to run right but it now hauls ass.  I've refurbished the trailer and have started redoing the inside of the boat. Eventually it will be white bottom with a light grey top and insides.

And we have these and a couple of paddleboards.

Link Posted: 6/4/2017 8:42:09 PM EDT
[#50]

I upgraded this spring. I had Phowler build a 1960 with a modified vee front and outfitted it with a Pro-Drive with the auto reverse. So far I have been pleasantly surprised at what a surface drive will go both through and over. It is kind of cool to look back and see a rooster tail full of mud, sticks, and vegetation.

Quoted:
It doesn't go fast, but the rivets have all been reset and it doesn't leak. It handles the abuse it gets on the river pretty well.

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv253/yammerschooner/20160725_134606_resized_zps1o41i2xe.jpg
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top