Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2016 9:08:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 8:39:28 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-forum/72462-high-tide-boats.html

Tip, 60HP on a 40HP rated hull? Try Progressive for insurance. They use a Coast Guard formula for HP rating. One of my boats is rated for only 85HP (rated at the head). I run a 115 HP (rated at the foot) direct Injected 2-Stroke on it. They insured it no problem after I supplied the hull length, width and dry weight out of the NADA guide.

You won't have to run that 60 hard just to get around, probably last forever. Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 10:06:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 10:51:16 AM EDT
[#3]
"As for insurance, I'm not sure I will bother insuring a $2,000 boat. Should I?"

My homeowners covers $100K liability on my smallest rig that is less than 25HP. I carry $100K liability only on my other two rigs with progressive. I've worked too hard to give all my shit to an attorney if a guest has one too many, slips and breaks an arm and is out of work for four months. Or worse. Your call, shit happens.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 8:30:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 1:52:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Another reason to insure your boat is if it sinks and you need to remove it from the lake. Out here, in the National Forest lakes, you must remove any sunken watercraft due to leaking fuel/oil/batteries and they can fine you for every day it is sunken.
I know yours is a smaller boat, but if it sinks in deep water you'll need to call in a dive crew to remove it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top