Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2016 8:17:51 PM EDT
Elderly Marine on tiny disability across the canal from me at our fishcamp has an outboard he needs to sell. He has no web access and is way out in the middle of nowhere so I offered to help him sell it here in town on CL. 1998 Yamaha 5 HP 2-stroke. 46lbs with inboard fuel tank and remote tank fitting. F-N-R shift. Engine has been stored indoors since new, it has never been fueled or started. It is 18 years old and looks absolutely brand new with all the dealer tags still attached, no scratches whatsoever. A true time machine. Looks identical to this stock photo.

New 5HP 4-strokes are selling for $1,300(Tohutsu) up to $1,650 (Honda). He desperately needs the dough and I want to get him top dollar. Ask $850 and take $750 on CL? Ask more? It would be a great little kicker for a small Jon, Tender or sail boat.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 8:46:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Out here it would bring $500 ish.. Your area it should bring a bit more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top