Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2016 9:53:46 AM EDT
Is this aerator pump one of the ones where I can replace just the motor cartridge?  It looks like the housing may have the female part to take the motor tabs, but the red motor on there is not that kind?  I've never replaced one before - I've had this boat a year, it has two livewells, the other has a bigger pump mounted on the other side and works fine.  This one has never worked.

Also, any advice on these pumps is appreciated.  I saw some postings online complaining about the 700 gph in particular as having a crazy failure rate (like 2-3 times a year).  I also wouldn't mind getting one that I can attach a hose to for a washdown, but again, I have no experience buying/installing one like that.

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:08:23 AM EDT
[#1]
That is weird it does look like the base has tabs for a replacement motor. It looks like someone put the Tournament series motor in a Pro series base.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:20:39 PM EDT
[#2]
The bilge pump has the replacable motor/pump but it looks like the aerator pump doesn't have the blue locking tabs. Maybe they're broken off?
As far as using one as a washdown pump, they don't produce much pressure and would just dribble out of a spray nozzle. They would work fine for rinsing things off under low pressure though.
True washdown pumps are diaphragm type that develop 50 PSI or so.

Oh, the red and white parts of a Rule pump are glued together. The blue base is the separate part.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top