Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2015 10:12:36 PM EDT
Has anyone ever tried this?  I need to redo my bunk boards this summer, and was wondering if anyone has ever tried using vinyl fence to cover the boards instead of carpeting.  Just wondering how it worked out if anyone has done it.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 6:46:13 PM EDT
[#1]
See if you local fire department has any hose they are getting rid of any 2.5" hose. If you were closer I'd say I've got a 50' length you could have.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 4:44:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I have seen something similar at marine supply stores.  They are 'plastic' covers that go over your bunks.  The only thing you have to be a bit careful of is releasing the winch before you get the boat in the water a bit, they can be a little slick and your boat may want to slide off more easily.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 8:44:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I did this on the trailer for my 1652 Weld-Craft Jon. Works great. I would not do it with a fiberglass hull.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top