Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2015 3:48:15 PM EDT
Ok so it sat for over a year and i did the obvious this weekend.
Drained and clean the tank.
Cleaned the lines and ball.
Rebuilt and cleaned the carb.
I have fire and compression.

Yet still cant get this muthafuka started.

Whatelse to check?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:18:09 PM EDT
[#1]
new plug   and fresh gas.     not two months in the can,    fresh less than a few weeks ........and not a plug  you been trying to start it with.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:02:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Spritz a tiny bit of starting fluid into the airbox and see if it will pop off.  What kind of pressure (PSI) does the compression test show? How did you check spark? The spark should jump a 1/4 inch gap with ease.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:10:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Float bowl filling with gas? Plug getting wet when cranking?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:14:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you try SeaFoam in the gas? It fixes most small engine problems magically!

Oh, and pull harder and more.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 5:01:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I havent tried sea foam yet, but will this weekend. Compression if I remember was around 115.
Yes float bowl is full and  I bought some new starting fluid to try. The shit I was using was about 5 yrs old.

Thanks for the ideas fellas, much appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 5:47:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the same engine but a year older. When I bought it, the dealer told me to unplug the fuel line as I idle to the boat ramp. Let it run dry, then pull the choke and let the last of the gas burn outta the carb. When you get it running again, do this. I've never had so much as a hiccup outta my outboard.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 8:30:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Did you check fuel pump?
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 5:54:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Try a new Champion plug. I can't believe I'm saying this because I'm a big NGK fan for 2-smokes but I run Champions in all 5 of my OMC's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top