Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2013 2:56:57 AM EDT
in my boat, I have a lowrance HDS-7 gen 2 touch and I have been looking at adding radar for some reason.  is radar worth the 1800 dollar price tag?  how hard it it to install and use?  
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 10:41:16 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are fishing large bodies of water with heavy traffic or run in the fog or dark very often I would say definitely worth it.  Watched a show the other day and a guide was fishing out of Louisiana on the Ms River during a fog bank and it was the only way he could have navigated out of there without colliding with another boat.  This was on a smaller flats type rig they were using for Redfish.
Link Posted: 12/27/2013 7:21:49 AM EDT
[#2]
saw that one too.  I have to deal with a lot of morning fog here in south Texas during the winter and I like to fish the jetties and ship channels so I am really leaning towards picking one up.  I just discovered that I have to add another 200 dollar piece of equipment in order to get radar overlay on the chart.

too much fun shit to play with on this boat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top