Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2017 8:37:26 PM EDT
I'd like to setup a rod/reel combo for live shrimp and a combo for lures.

I like the stradic 2500 with a light/fast action for live shrimp(maybe there's something better)

Now, for gulp and other lures, I'm stuck.  What's a good action rod, for this?

I'm fishing off of a pier into the bay at SPI TX.

I have 4000 reels and 7' rods, but I know that's a little much for what I'm doing.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:30:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I like 7' ml-fast or 7'6 m-fast for general purpose inshore.  Reels from 2500 to 4500 depending on manufacturer.

I'm a big fan of using the same make/model/action rods and reels for both live bait and artificial inshore. It seems to eliminate one variable and keep all the manual of arms the same. If one reel or rod goes down, I'm also not stuck with a less than ideal compromise to continue throwing what's getting bit.

Edit to add what I actually use:

I'm currently running Shimano Nasci 3000s on St Croix Avid Inshore 7' ml-fast with 10lb powerpro  and Penn Spinfisher 4500s on St Croix Tidemaster 7'6" m-fast with 20lb powerpro.  Multiples of each.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:14:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top