Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2015 8:48:58 PM EDT
Headed to Cedar Key this month.  Would like to do some surf fishing.  Any ideas on what to fish for and fish with?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 10:50:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Try FL Hometown
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:07:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Lots of creeks for some inshore action. Snook, reds, trout, etc. I'd go for the gulp shrimp on a popping cork for the trout. Reds I would do plastics like the grub looking ones or shad type. On the Atlantic side, they seem to like chartreuse. Snook I'd use some plugs, crankbaits, windcheaters, or jigs. They'll tear up some freelined pinfish too. Go for black drum with live shrimp. Everything eats shrimp anyway.

On the beach either use cut clams or mullet on a surf rod. If snook are around, freeline some finger mullet.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:15:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I used to do very well there fishing for reds just using live, or even frozen, shrimp, a hook and a bobber.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:30:21 AM EDT
[#4]
grab a cast net from wal-mart for kicks....and a 5 gallon bucket....
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 2:36:11 PM EDT
[#5]
You will not be able to surf fish in Cedar key.  A boat is pretty necessary.  They do have a short pier and a few places around town that you can access the water.
I highly recommend Saltwater Assassin charters.  They will put you on fish for a very reasonable price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top