Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2014 6:32:11 PM EDT
I'm heading to the beach next month to do some surf fishing and was wondering if there is anywhere I can order stingray meat online.  I try and catch a few for bait but I would like to have some to bring with me just in case.  I couldn't find much using google.  Is it even legal to buy stingray meat?
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 7:25:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm heading to the beach next month to do some surf fishing and was wondering if there is anywhere I can order stingray meat online.  I try and catch a few for bait but I would like to have some to bring with me just in case.  I couldn't find much using google.  Is it even legal to buy stingray meat?
View Quote

I don't know about mail order, but I buy skate wings at my seafood shop, so it's definitely legal.  You could probably call some of the seafood shops (wholesalers/boats would be better) and have them keep some for you.  Many places it's called by-catch... normal not sold and thrown away
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 6:16:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I caught a few skate yesterday.  Pain in the ass fish.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 8:12:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't know about mail order, but I buy skate wings at my seafood shop, so it's definitely legal.  You could probably call some of the seafood shops (wholesalers/boats would be better) and have them keep some for you.  Many places it's called by-catch... normal not sold and thrown away
View Quote

Excellent idea and I don't know why I didn't think of that.  Thank you!
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 9:07:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Scalups just order some they are sea-ray plugs :)
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 9:09:58 AM EDT
[#5]
You can buy anything on line if you have the dough...
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 3:35:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know where you are headed but St. Simons bait and tackle (Ga) sells cownose rays.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 3:36:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Really, you can catch all the regular rays you want on fishing squid on the bottom.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 5:21:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn. Beat me to it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:09:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Really, you can catch all the regular rays you want on fishing squid on the bottom.
View Quote

This.
Plenty of free ones out there. Heck, I HATE hooking them.
Bowfishing them is crazy popular here, so plenty of dead/rotten ones laying around.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 10:22:54 PM EDT
[#10]
This may sound funny, but the best bait shop I have locally is an Asian food market. They have all kinds of stuff....cuttlefish, skate, etc.....it's intended as food, but it's actually really super cheap so I just go there instead of a proper bait shop. I can get five decent size whole squids for like two dollars and change.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 2:17:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote
Lol not true at all. Its bullshit. They are decent if prepared right but the "fake scallops" is a myth that folks like to perpetuate for some reason.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top