Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2014 12:38:25 PM EDT
Years ago never heard of GW here. Now they are regularly sighted.
Consensus of divers is the shark was setting up for the kill and diver probably power headed him.
No one is saying.

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 4:42:24 PM EDT
[#1]
FUCK THAT!
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 4:43:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Someone just crapped in their wetsuit
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 11:00:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Seems like it was kind of curious though. Like a bull shark will just come straight at you moving quickly because they're aggressive, but sandbar sharks and lemons just kind of mosey up to you and check you out. Hard to tell if that shark was going to make a meal of him. I just get the feeling it was curious and moving on in to take a look, then maybe it would kill him after, but I don't think it ever got that chance.

Peaks my interests because I fish and swim in the Melbourne Beach and Sebastian inlet area.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 11:10:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Pectoral fins indicate that shark was up to no good. You'd have to lower 87 air tanks and a cage before I came up.

Underdog I'm goona post this in GD if you dont mind
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 11:24:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Years ago never heard of GW here. Now they are regularly sighted.
Consensus of divers is the shark was setting up for the kill and diver probably power headed him.
No one is saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJilFvxMQE0&app=desktop
View Quote

I-Pad
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 11:33:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pectoral fins indicate that shark was up to no good. You'd have to lower 87 air tanks and a cage before I came up.

Underdog I'm goona post this in GD if you dont mind
View Quote

At what point to you say its ok to go up? It almost seems like you would be chancing that the shark moved on and isn't just lingering in the area.

I didn't notice it when I first watched the video, but at 0:21, the GW is literally right on top of him.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 10:33:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Nutten new here in the north east new England area. In MA and RI they are abundant due to the high seal population. Scary shit...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top