Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2013 10:08:53 AM EDT
My new neighbor blew a wad on a new 217 Cobia CC with a 200 Yammy. He is from Miami and has very little local knowledge. He has been after me to show him the ropes. After 2 trips 35 miles offshore with his work buddies and catching nothing but shorts I decided I would show him a surefire technique I've been doing for over 30 years. Trolling for Grouper in the channel. We put in at Gandy ramp and worked the channels around Apollo Beach the Fri. before last and lost a monster but kept 2. A 27" and a 24".

We went back out last Fri. from Gandy and worked the Bartow power plant channel and the Channel south of Picnic Island and got 2 more and some nice Sea Bass. A 29" and a 26".

He has the bug bad now.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 2:04:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of trolling for grouper.  I have caught a few black sea bass trolling for kings.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top