Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2016 1:39:17 PM EDT
Hey guys. So this is my fishing spot. Water level is down about 5 feet on the lake due to draining to other water sources. Vegetation is quite thick because of water level. The red line is where I fish. Any pointers you can give me? I'm trying for walleye but haven't gotten any. I've fished this spot about 5 times so far and got 2 respectable largemouths. One on a nightcrawler on a worm hook with spinner, and one on a white fluke. Numerous small perch on the night crawlers. All fish were caught from the same northern tip point. Air temp is 80-90. The fluke bass was caught last night at about 11pm. Tried going for walleye at night but no joy. Used the fluke all night. It does great in the weeds. Tried a topwater torpedo Jr. with no luck. Fish jump a lot in this area. Not sure what other info I can give you guys for advice. This is in NE Ohio by the way. Thanks for any tips brosefs.  

Link Posted: 8/20/2016 2:31:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 2:56:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I had already planned on going to get some jigs from the shop tonight, I never use them. I may try and walk to that 25' drop off zone, it looks fairly steep on the western side of the area I showed. No boat, I'm on foot.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:18:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Tried to get to the west side and couldn't. Lost both boots in mud. Made it my usual spot, threw out the fluke but nothing. Switched to a jig minnow thing and first cast landed a 22 inch walleye! I freaking love this spot.

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 12:28:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 12:33:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Those paddle tail plastics on a jig head like you posted a picture of are money for walleyes.  Retrieve slow and steady to get the best action out of the tail.  in a week or two, start using live frogs...walleyes love them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top