Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2016 4:45:26 PM EDT
We are reaching some high temps here in GA and the fish are not wanting to bit anything at all! Im getting pretty close to tossing it in on lures and running worms and bait for a bit. What kind of rigs do you run when its close to 100 and the water temps are really high? I have been fishing them from the deepest parts to the grass and docs and cant run them down as of late.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 6:54:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Senkos. They just work. Fish em slow. And usually in the summer the best time is either early morning, or before sunset when they move up to closer to the beds
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 11:53:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Drop shot is your answer.
Go to deeper water
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 5:14:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I have pretty descent luck night fishing in the dog days of summer.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 5:47:23 PM EDT
[#4]
The air conditioner is what I run when it's hot out.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:30:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Ive been messing with Senkos, both weightless and with weights without any luck. Going to try and run down a small depth finder this week to try and locate the deeper areas.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 2:55:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I hooked one on a large yellow tube 2 nights ago.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 4:07:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Frogs.  Morning, early afternoon, and dusk.  If you are going for bass or pike.  I like all top water at dusk.  

Hell,  a horny toad from Zoom on a 3/0 or 4/0 hook reeled in just fast enough that the feet flutter drives them nuts.  Same as the Berkeley havoc 4 or 5 inch pitboss.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 8:59:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Topwater at dawn on the edge of cover and then some sluggos during the day with a nail weight in the tail.  Destroyed some largemouths today and we were up in the 90's.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 10:11:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Drop shot is your answer.
Go to deeper water
View Quote

This. Switch to lighter line too. Just make sure your drag is set in case you get a good one.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 7:35:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

This, with a spinnerbait, chatter bait and a 10"worm.

Find current on your body of water from wind, boat traffic or dam release. Find the oxygen and you'll find the fish.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 6:44:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Find current on your body of water from wind, boat traffic or dam release. Find the oxygen and you'll find the fish.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ended up finding a large area of grass from 17'-26' at the place I normally fish. Thats the deepest parts of the small lake and is right in boat traffic too. Going to try dragging a Carolina rig though it to see what I can snag.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 7:01:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This^
Fish are sucking down O2 in this heat, just like us fat guys
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:48:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Been having the same issues! So dang hot even the fish are hanging out in the AC....

Went a few weeks ago... Fished senkos... We only caught 2 fish.... In a lake that's notorious for producing fish!

Haven't tried behind the house recently... Might try this evening!
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 1:55:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Drop shot or shaky head jig with a finesse worm.  Stanley ribbit frogs at night.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 9:19:25 AM EDT
[#15]
I wait till night and go after catfish.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 10:22:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Smaller bait is better for Hot days, and dont reel too fast. I use a Chartreuse grub with a Jighead (small) and it always gets the attention I want.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top