Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2016 8:32:52 AM EDT

My entire life I've fished off the coast of New England so I really haven't done much lake, river, or stream fishing. Some, but not too much. I recently got a camper and will be staying at places that have lakes and rivers. Anyways, just to get back into things I got an Ugly Stik GX2 spinning rod combo/ 6ft. I know, it isn't the best, but considering what I've spent the last month on camper supplies I had to tone it down a little. The reviews were great, the price was $40 bucks so I couldn't complain. Considering I'm used to salt water where reels will easy cost over $100. Anyways, any insight or experience with this rod?
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 1:17:44 PM EDT
[#1]
It should suit your needs just fine. Ugly sticks aren't the best in terms of feel/sensitivity, but they're pretty tough and at a good price point.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 3:55:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It should suit your needs just fine. Ugly sticks aren't the best in terms of feel/sensitivity, but they're pretty tough and at a good price point.
View Quote

bang tor the buck,hard to beat.

clown

Link Posted: 6/9/2016 3:56:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

bang tor the buck,hard to beat.

clown

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 11:00:53 AM EDT
[#4]

I used it this weekend in a lake and had no problems at all. Biggest problem was the wind on the lake blowing us all over the damn place. I have no complaints at all.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 8:06:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Pretty much every one of my rods is some variation of an UglyStik.  Ultralight up to heavy for saltwater.  I've put decent reels on most.

Now you should try the river just down the street from you.  I launched my kayak there after work on Wednesday.  Stayed within 100 yards up and downstream of the bridge and had constant smallmouth and redbreast sunfish action.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top