Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2016 1:41:50 PM EDT
So far I have a solar lunar app, 2 fly fishing apps (I'm trying to learn what all the different flies are), and I'm thinking of upgrading one called "my fishing advisor " it looks at weather water temperature and a few other things to figure out weather the fish will most likely be and what lure or bait might work. How about you guys? Have you found any apps you like?
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 2:28:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I use one called "Navonics" for lakes.  It does weather and tides, has depth maps, lets you track and plan routs and drop markers.

The cool part is since it's a phone, you can take it out on a frozen lake and it works just as well then.

One of the best $15 or so I have spent on an app.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 9:25:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I use Navionics every time I'm on the boat or ice fishing.  Other than that, google earth for research, a reliable local weather app, and a moon phase app.
Our Game, Fish & Parks dept has a pretty good app that shows boat ramps, shore fishing locations, and has links to public land maps and fish surveys, but I usually use the desktop version of that during the week to plan weekend ice fishing trips.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 10:17:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I tried looking for a local app like that, but our wildlife and parks department only had one that covers state parks. I found their website more useful than their app.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 11:02:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Fish Brain app not sure how it is out of Florida, it was created by a buddy of mine its pretty decent.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 12:08:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Fish Brain app not sure how it is out of Florida, it was created by a buddy of mine its pretty decent.
View Quote
Just looked at it. He is a nosy guy with all the permissions his app wants.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top