Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 8:24:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 8:49:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Did I kill this thread too?
Just ate my last pack of snakehead filets and almost out of blue cat.
Hope it warms up soon!
71F Friday and dropped into the teens Sunday night!
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 7:06:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Better than Privet Hedge.  At least deer will eat honey suckle. Did I say I hated Privet?
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 7:57:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
Mudfish will wreck a lure.

Haven’t caught a snakehead yet.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 8:15:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Fire Ants and grasses.  I don't know about the fish.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 1:30:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Saw a lot of kudzu in TN. Hope they can knock that crap out.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 1:51:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Whirling disease
Zebra mussels
Quagga mussels
Milfoil
Rock snot
Northern pike
Eurasion doves
Fox squirrels
Butloads of noxious weeds
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 2:16:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By fsjdw2:
Some jackass introduced northern pike up here. destroyed the trout, grayling, char, and well just about everything. State said open season on them with bonus points for snagging.
View Quote
Nevada DOW is offering something like $10k if they can catch whoever has been releasing pike.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 2:18:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Longest running thread I've ever owned. Almost 4years...
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 7:53:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By urbanredneck:
Longest running thread I've ever owned. Almost 4years...
View Quote
No kidding, my last post was almost a year ago!
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 12:23:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I see this thread often and wonder if I should post...

Round here the major players in the non-native game are going to be largemouth bass, brown trout, flathead cats, and northern snakeheads..

Honestly, I like catching all of 'em..
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By mercinarysniper:
I see this thread often and wonder if I should post...

Round here the major players in the non-native game are going to be largemouth bass, brown trout, flathead cats, and northern snakeheads..

Honestly, I like catching all of 'em..
View Quote
You have snakeheads all the way up in PA?
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 1:06:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 101VooDoo:
Californians.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 2:13:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ziarifleman:

View Quote
Yep. In SEPA. They're in the Delaware River watershed, and I don't know about the Susquehanna. I've found that they're not much of a nuisance fish and research has shown that, contrary to popular belief, they do not destroy the habitat as once thought.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 2:21:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Yep. In SEPA. They're in the Delaware River watershed, and I don't know about the Susquehanna. I've found that they're not much of a nuisance fish and research has shown that, contrary to popular belief, they do not destroy the habitat as once thought.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yeah, Robert Field went over that on his YouTube show.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 4:45:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Yeah, Robert Field went over that on his YouTube show.
View Quote
Ahhh, a Field tripper...

His Cape May episode surprised me. I've fished that exact bridge countless times. Schafer, the guy who took him out, had been very secretive of his methods and holes. For him to show everything on that video was shocking. From everything I've heard, Robert is a pretty stand up guy as well.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 5:24:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Yankees!
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 8:52:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Attachment Attached File

Asshole scientists said they couldn't breed.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 11:30:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 11:14:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WildBoar] [#20]
If I catch another damn Cichlid I am gonna lose it. Its almost to the point of catching a native fish as a surprise. The Mayan Cichlids eat ANYTHING. Brad balls, lures, shiners, pieces of paper from an old cigarette pack etc.  Aggressive as hell and fight fairly decent but fuck em. They don't belong here.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 7:28:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: urbanredneck] [#21]
Yeah. Those Mayans and tilapia seem to be the species that are most invasive or damaging. I honestly am not sure that the snake heads are all that damaging.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 9:22:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Northern Snakeheads in some of the DE ponds I fish.  Those bastards are nasty and prolific.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 11:12:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dave15] [#23]
Originally Posted By dj1975232:
Northern Snakeheads in some of the DE ponds I fish.  Those bastards are nasty and prolific.
View Quote

Also for supper tonight!

ETA:

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 11:04:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Those do look like some tasty filets.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:18:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Someone has decided we need walleye in western MT now.  Northern Pike and Walleye keep showing up where they don't belong.

I like catching both of them - but they just don't belong in Western MT.

I get that almost all the trout species here are introduced.  I believe there is only one strain of rainbow native to western Montana (Redband), Bull trout and westslope cutthroats are native.  Browns, lakers, brookies, several strains of rainbow are all introduced.  But we have them and they do well in our cold waters.  Damn pike and walleye are making a mess of everything.  Bucket biologists should be hung, drawn, and quartered.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By johnh57:
Someone has decided we need walleye in western MT now.  Northern Pike and Walleye keep showing up where they don't belong.

I like catching both of them - but they just don't belong in Western MT.

I get that almost all the trout species here are introduced.  I believe there is only one strain of rainbow native to western Montana (Redband), Bull trout and westslope cutthroats are native.  Browns, lakers, brookies, several strains of rainbow are all introduced.  But we have them and they do well in our cold waters.  Damn pike and walleye are making a mess of everything.  Bucket biologists should be hung, drawn, and quartered.

View Quote
We had someone here decide the same thing with largemouth bass...  basstards..
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:26:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Black Crappie, Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass, and Northern Pike.

It’s believed that the bass tournament fisherman from out of state introduce these because they thrive so well. Anything other than Brookies, Togue, and Salmon are “trash fish”.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:36:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Tilapia are bad in the lakes south of San Antonio. Luckily, TPWD stocks the lakes with Red Drum and stripers that eat the hell out of them. I used to throw out a cast net and bring in some tilapia, throw them on a hook and be limited out on Reds in less than 30 minutes.
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 11:24:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Two new reports..

Nutria spotted on the gulf coast in Florida. Saw it last week during opening week. Interesting, thought it was an armadillo when I was walking towards it.

The other was a hammer head worm in north rural GA. Really don't know how it got to where it was around a rural house. Must have been some potted plant that that the previous owners had brought in. Sucker was long, like 8". Gave it a salt bath.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top