Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2015 3:38:30 AM EDT
I am trying to get some old hunting buddies together to fish lake michigan the 3rd week of July. We need a charter. Can anyone suggest a service? I have heard stocking numbers have been reduced. Is the fishing still good or a waste of time? I am in southern Indiana and friends will be coming up from Arkansas. We will need a charter on the south end of the lake.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:48:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends where you go. We have gone for years to Kewaunee and Sheboygan. The stocking issue has made Kewaunee worthless, no big fish at all the last 2 years  don't now how charters are staying open up there. Sheboygan is still seriously good though. I wouldn't go any farther North than Manitowaoc myself.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:43:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Sheboygan is my old stomping ground and still drive there on a regular basis to fish. If you are looking for a charter check out Dumper Dan's. There are a couple of good charters out of Sheboygan but Dan's is always on the fish.

http://www.dumperdan.com/

If you want to see some pics from last years charters look them up on face book. they post pictures daily when they are out.

ETA: if you are looking at a place to stay the night before and or after they just put condos up last year that are priced decent.. plus there are hotels in the area that are cheaper.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Trying to get my Dad to go on one during one of my trips out.   ( usually in June )    

Anything decent around the State Line?  (Dad lives in IL)    
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 6:20:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I did one out of Saugatuck in July 2013. Our boat caught our limit in 2 hours. Best Chance was the name of charter company. Other folks I know have used them before and have had similar results.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:46:58 AM EDT
[#5]
The south end of the lake is going to be tough in July. The water will be too warm and most of the salmon will have moved north. You would be better off to think about going further north on either side of the lake. I fish the Illinois side and would recommend North Point Harbor near the Wisconsin border. I've heard the Michigan side is productive as well, but I don't have any personal experience on the east side of the lake.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top