Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2014 4:52:24 PM EDT
I don't know about any of you, but the itch hit me hard and fast this year. I haven't put a hook in the water in months!

With the warmer days here recently, I feel like it is about time to wet a few hooks and see what bites.

I spent this afternoon getting my kayak and tackle box ready, but my nearest launch date is still next weekend.

Anyone else been able to scratch the itch yet? Let me live through you for a bit.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 5:29:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Got a few crappie last wk, Columbus, MS. 14 inch topped the catch.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 3:18:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Going to be a late start this year on the lake.      Think I might pack the surf rod and take a ride over to Sandy Hook NJ next week and see if the stripers are on yet. .

I took this Monday (3-31) afternoon at  Lake Wallenpaupack

Link Posted: 4/1/2014 11:15:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Finally been able to hit up some ponds the last week or so.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 12:29:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Finally been able to hit up some ponds the last week or so.
View Quote
I think there are some smaller ponds that are mostly open now, as well as the streams.  But those who usually go to the bigger lakes are all going to try and cram into whatever is open.      As it is I usually skip the first two or weeks,  by then most of the idiots get bored with it because they actually have to try to catch them.  ( kind-of like the first day of deer )    

I am patiently waiting for the ice to come off the lake in the pic above.   Soon as the ice melts off the perch go nuts  

Link Posted: 4/1/2014 12:48:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Me too. Weather is nice enough but my schedule will not comply. My boat is sitting in storage, mocking me.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 10:48:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I've only been able to get out twice so far, and one of those was a little pond near the house after work. Lake Somerville was a bust weekend before last, and it sounds like I wasn't the only one. Hoping I get a little more time on the water in the next couple of weeks.
The pond is big enough that I can use my kayak to access areas the shore guys can't, and it does yield a lot of 1-2 lbs bass. So at least I'm not totally lost... Yet.

I feel for you fellas up north. This winter couldn't be been good for some of the smaller fisheries.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top