Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2013 4:27:21 PM EDT
So, what is the arfcom of the freshwater fishing world?  I've found a few sites that are decent, but nothing outstanding.

I'm looking for a good site that I can learn from concerning my new (after a decade hiatus) hobby.

Link Posted: 6/30/2013 8:43:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Depending on what you fish for, here are a couple that you might find interesting.

http://www.ifish.net/

http://www.salmonuniversity.com/
Link Posted: 6/30/2013 9:53:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/1/2013 12:26:59 PM EDT
[#3]
No where close to being the ARFCOM of fishing.... but I enjoy the site.

http://bigbluegill.com/
Link Posted: 7/1/2013 12:47:53 PM EDT
[#4]

I'm liking this site so far, thanks!  

Link Posted: 7/1/2013 12:48:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Depending on what you fish for, here are a couple that you might find interesting.

http://www.ifish.net/

http://www.salmonuniversity.com/

Thanks!  

Link Posted: 7/1/2013 4:09:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Crappie.com  Is a great site that also has sections for other species.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 1:45:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Crappie.com  Is a great site that also has sections for other species.

Thanks, another good one.  My wife actually prefers to fish for crappie.....the ponds at my gun club are loaded with them.

It's amazing how many pickerel she catches when trying for those little guys though!  

Link Posted: 7/2/2013 2:26:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/3/2013 7:50:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Interesting.  

I've been fishing off and on all my life, but recently really got back into it.  It is kinda intimidating with all of the lures, lines, etc that have come about since I was a kid.

I have figured out though that buying fishing tackle is like buying guns and gun accessories.....buy once cry once!  

Link Posted: 7/3/2013 11:22:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Tackle Tour

Interesting.    

I've been fishing off and on all my life, but recently really got back into it.  It is kinda intimidating with all of the lures, lines, etc that have come about since I was a kid.
I have figured out though that buying fishing tackle is like buying guns and gun accessories.....buy once cry once!  

Tell me about it.

I started fishing less than a year ago.

Now I have a bass boat, $3k+ worth of rods/reels, storage bin full of lures and accessories. That's not even including the ice fishing gear.

But it's fun nonetheless.
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 2:13:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 7:08:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting.    

Tell me about it.

I started fishing less than a year ago.

Now I have a bass boat, $3k+ worth of rods/reels, storage bin full of lures and accessories. That's not even including the ice fishing gear.

But it's fun nonetheless.

I figure I've got a little over $1000 in tackle now.   It doesn't help when a fairly small bass (3 pounder) breaks your BRAND NEW Browning rod about 5 inches from the tip....arggh.

I'm gonna try and repair it tonight.   Should be entertaining.

I agree though, it is fun.  We went out yesterday to my gun club fishing instead of doing the fireworks thing.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 7:09:07 PM EDT
[#13]

I found that one surfing on my ipad....it was pretty cool!  I have graduated to the palomar knot so I am getting a little better in that department.  

Link Posted: 7/5/2013 7:14:47 PM EDT
[#14]

I've been watching videos on youtube as well, for specific stuff like fishing topwater lures in heavy cover like lilly pads, grass and hydrilla.

I like this guy so far....

Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:59:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 2/13/2015 4:21:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

This is a great site.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:57:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No where close to being the ARFCOM of fishing.... but I enjoy the site.

http://bigbluegill.com/
View Quote

thanks!!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:33:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Here is anoother good VA site  BayBass also a lot of good info in there forums. Bryan (BayBass) is vary helpful and has a of info for Va waters. If you are into kayak fishing and on FB look up Virginia Kayak Anglers and join the group.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 10:52:10 AM EDT
[#19]
If you don't want to get crazy addicted and spend too much money and time on big baits, don't go to Swimbait Underground.

Big baits are a hell of a lot of fun to throw though.  You just need to decide that you want to go for quality over quantity. I don't throw them all the time.

If you want to get started, I'd recommend a Huddleston or two, a mattlures baby bass or two, and a mattlures hardgill in slow sink. Once you're addicted you can buy a 3:16 baby wake and wake jr. If you have toothy fish, buy and use some good fluorocarbon leaders. Enjoy!
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 1:23:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Bass Boat Central

walleye Central

Texas Fishing Forum ... For those in TX

Some of the ones mentioned earlier

Crappie.com

Tackle tour ... For tackle snobs

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top