Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2017 2:29:44 PM EDT
So I adopted my buddies lab/healer mix dog who was like 10 months old he said and shortly after I noticed blood in his pee and took him to the vet.  They said he had a urinary tract infection gave me meds and it went away.  The blood came back but not the infection and now I'm told I have to feed him Hills brand urinary care dog food which is like $3 a pound.  It is working and I don't notice any blood but does anyone else have something cheaper I could feed him to take care of the problem? Or somewhere where the shits cheaper cause currently I go to the vet for it and they don't even lube me up they just put er in.  Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 2:33:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to pet ownership. I put my dog on insurance the day I got him, otherwise I'd be shelling out about $200 a month on meds alone.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 7:00:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I like dogs but I'd never spend that.  Much rather put money towards retirement or neice or newphews college
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 7:10:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Raw meat no grains.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 1:11:54 AM EDT
[#4]
So I could literally just feed him raw chicken... Cause chicken is a lot cheaper than this shit lol.  Do I need to avoid bones?
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 1:33:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ak47man91:
So I could literally just feed him raw chicken... Cause chicken is a lot cheaper than this shit lol.  Do I need to avoid bones?
View Quote
They need the bones and the guts, and they need veggies and stuff too. It's called the Bones and Raw Food diet, or B.A.R.F.

I'm not making this up, there's specific recipes to follow, to make sure you're not shorting him on vitamins and calcium and stuff.

It's going to be more time consuming and probably pretty expensive. They also sell frozen patties of the stuff, pre mixed at your local holistic vet.

Be prepared for behavior changes, my cats had more energy and aggression from that diet. They were wild animals. I liked them better on crappy food.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top