User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 10:08:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Flatland:
Redemtion, better colors last night.  He's doing well on his retrieves.

http://i.imgur.com/R4Ylrhhh.jpg

Quick stupid story.  Wife's a reformed bleeding heart but still can't say no to a starving animal, hence we have a new cat.  Cat - Snappy, named by my 6 y/o, and Gordo like to play cat and mouse.  Snappy actually plays the mouse.

So Snappy was under our kitchen table and Gordo got himself stuck in one of the heavy wooden chairs chasing Snappy.  He freaks out yelping like he's dying (he's a drama queen), I pull him out of chair and the room now smells awful.
Smell my hand and smells like old people crap.  I'm sure DudeRN know what I'm talking about.

Then wife finds some brownish liquid on the floor.  I think he freaked out and popped his anal glands or shart on the floor.  Hopefully this breaks him of chasing the cat.

Snappy the taunter and chair.

http://i.imgur.com/rwkXwL8h.jpg

ETA at 015 I take him out to piss, he went balistic barking at the chair that f'd him up, was crying laughing.
View Quote
LOL  Ginger has a tendency to cry like she's caught in a bear trap any time she's mildly uncomfortable.  She also is relentless in trying to catch our cat (Gary), who generally doesn't give a damn.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:34:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Flatland] [#2]
Ok took the family to Ft. Lauderdale last weekend to visit a cousin.  Crazy luger collection thread coming on that.  He also has two prestine 4" Colt Pythons from the early 70s, I think.

Monday 6-19 I checked the little field.

Mixed milo and sunflower, this is the best of it by far.  It's been dry as a bone however we got rain this morning.

Sunflower.

I had bought a dove dummy for Gordo to retrieve.  On the way up I was on the phone with a friend complaining about how in the field Gordo drops the bumper 3-4 feet in front of me.

Dropped this one at my feet on first retrieve.  I think he understands english at times.

Took him to the lake on the boat twice this week.  He is swimming with more and more confidence.

New first mate.

Obligatory lake sunset pic from last night.

Hope all is well in dogland.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 10:44:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like great times.  You have a great looking dog there.  
It's been very hot and humid up here, so Buddy has been going out in the mornings and evenings for his training runs.  His first birthday is coming up and the wife and son are all excited about celebrating it.  I don't think I'll be able to talk them out of it either.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 5:20:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Prle:
Looks like great times.  You have a great looking dog there.  
It's been very hot and humid up here, so Buddy has been going out in the mornings and evenings for his training runs.  His first birthday is coming up and the wife and son are all excited about celebrating it.  I don't think I'll be able to talk them out of it either.  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/458755/20170624-185307-1499221811720-resized-246335.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/458755/20170629-174148-1499221810445-resized-246336.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/458755/20170629-175838-resized-246338.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/458755/20170629-174218-1499221808959-resized-246339.JPG
View Quote
Second picture is  especially awesome.

Been rainy and humid the last 10 days, going to check plants this evening.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 10:53:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Been a bit, been busy, then lazy, then at the lake.

His back is a bit above my knee.  Still showing lots of drive.

Wife's cat cut Monday, he was confused and trying to hump my man.  He didn't care until the cat would bite his ear, maybe Gordo is a Gordita.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Milo and flowers are coming in... But I did list my property Monday.  No way it will close before opening day however.

And just because... Texting with old friend I said something stupid to get his goat, he replied with a pic of his pug.  So I made this..  with Pulp Fiction quote...

Link Posted: 7/26/2017 10:55:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Flatland] [#6]
edit for dupe pic
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 11:49:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Most of my sunflowers didn't make it thru the July heat and drought.  Milo doing ok.

Purple aster or astor blooming.

No going to lie, he's gone backwards on retrieving outside of the house or yard.  My fault as we've spent more time at the lake than training during the heat.  Yesterday pic, he has huge hunting drive.

Link Posted: 8/24/2017 11:50:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Older pic, he is pointing and holding better everyday.

Link Posted: 9/24/2017 6:34:56 PM EDT
[#9]
How is the dog doing now? Not sure of your hunting seasons down there but have you taken him out hunting yet?
Regards
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 8:55:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm interested in an update as well! Annie is off at school, she'll be ready for my first pheasant hunt in early November.

I tried doing the training on my own, but she started to show some gun shyness, thought it would be better to call in a pro
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 9:47:06 PM EDT
[#11]
it was hot this afternoon here in NH.  Ginger is enjoying a well earned drink:
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 6:12:37 PM EDT
[#12]
We ended up having a great season in New Hampshire this fall.  Bagged a lot of pheasants, a few woodcock, and missed a bunch of grouse.  Ginger has turned into a real woodcock dog, holds them really well.  I missed a lot more than she pointed for me.

Link Posted: 3/27/2018 2:44:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ReaperWaterfowl] [#13]
First season is in the bag. I would say we made it out about 25-30 times, which is awesome.

Annie has been improving every single time.

Last time out for the year, my club released a whole mess of birds. I brought 2 buddies and my Dad along. I decided I would just work Annie and not even bring my gun along. We cleaned up pretty good. Typical day is 4-5. We got 9 pheasants and 2 chukar.

Edit:
@prle
@flatland
@dudern
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 8:49:26 PM EDT
[#14]
That is awesome.  I love seeing working dogs, nothing happier than a dog on a bird.  Although they do look at you all disappointed like when you miss.

We had a hard winter up here, made it out several times with my brother and friends and got a bunch of pheasants.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The snow is finally gone so we are just having fun now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 10:07:58 PM EDT
[#15]
I wish I took more pictures or some video. That's going to be my goal next season.
Also to work on retrieves. She did great working up wind, holding points and chasing down winged birds. But it ended there, she'd pin them down and wait for me to come get them.

It was an incredible season all in all.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 1:10:10 PM EDT
[#16]
So we're a month and a halfish into the season, I didnt get to work with Annie much this off season because of work.

I was worried a little the first time out, as she hasnt done much since March. She killed it. We're 6 hunts in, about 40 birds down on public release land.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top