Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2015 10:59:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EVR]
As a sort of followup to this:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_11/672165_He_s_BACK___Every_Season_Versatility_in_Picture_Form____pic___heavy____.html

Thought I'd take you along on my exercise hike.  Leaving the house I head across the fields toward this;

Headed for the peak.  The whole hike is 5 miles with the part to the top  little over a mile and 1000 feet in elevation.  First 1/2 mile is gentle uphill, then it goes straight up with 70% slopes.  It is a HARD pull.

Once over the top I keep my eyes out for ground squirrels in the ravines. I carry a pair of small Zeiß binoculars, a parang for clearing and maintaining my trails and a small pack with water in it for the dog.  Rifle is my Smith and Wesson M&P15 w/ an old 3-9 Buris scope w/ German 4A reticle. Zero is very important as the critters are very small so we fine tune our zeros from sitting position on the ground, elbows rested on knees as it is the most practical shooting position.

Shooting position most commonly used;

There's one;

At the shot, in goes the dog who finds what's left and brings it back.  Trained for collecting coyote bait!

{CLICK ON VIDEO}

The hike goes on and another stand is taken and the slopes are glassed, another critter sited and shot taken;

The dog goes down the slope and searches out the critter;

{CLICK ON VIDEO}

And finds it and retrieves it;

{CLICK ON VIDEO}

We keep going, circling the mountain and coming down by a stock watering spring;

And a little further on, a stock pond that no self respecting Lab can avoid...

And we head back into the valley, and home off in the distance;

Link Posted: 6/7/2015 12:57:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like beautiful country sir! That's the life.

Link Posted: 6/7/2015 12:59:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I live in the wrong place....I know that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top