Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2015 9:25:32 AM EDT
have any of you dog owners ever heard of this or have you had to deal with it ?

my dog a G.S. mix has one on the right side of her neck and one on her lower right leg just below the carpal pad.

i was told to not worry about it unless it ruptures, she don't scratch the one on her neck or bite at the one on her leg.

any personal experience about FAT NODULES will be greatly appreciated.

thank you,
Bud
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 12:04:51 AM EDT
[#1]
My dog, a pure bred Brittany has a small one on his chest. It hasn't been an issue and the vet said to just let it be. He doesn't even know it's there really.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 4:22:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you mean Lipoma?  http://www.petmd.com/dog/conditions/skin/c_multi_lipoma

My Mom's 14 year old lab has them all over her body.  They started when she was maybe 7 years old.  When they first starting showing up she had a couple removed and tested, they were not cancerous.  She now has a cantaloupe sized one under an armpit and smaller ones all over her sides and belly.  They don't seem bother her and we are not going to put her through surgery at her age.

They are very common on spayed dogs.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 4:49:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Lipomas happen on people too. It's not rare or serious.

Hard tumors are bad. Squishy is okay.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 11:32:03 AM EDT
[#4]
How old is the dog?

My hound is almost 8 and has developed 3 of them. I won't have them removed unless they start to grow rapidly.

It's just something that happens in a lot of older dogs, as long as they are growing fast and they don't hurt they are pretty normal. You can get your vet to remove it and do a biopsy if you want, but it will cost you.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 11:50:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Our old (14) weim has several.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top