Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2017 5:52:59 PM EDT
The other day I got to brainstorming, and devised a way to make Pad Thai Noodles while in the woods. On Saturday I was out fishing with a buddy, and shot some footage to show you how it is done. I was extremely happy with how this meal turned out. We only had to walk about a mile to our fishing spot, but this would be easy to make on a real hike. Tossing in an egg would be a nice addition.
Please take a look at the video, and tell me what you think:
Click here to watch.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 6:56:29 PM EDT
[#1]
If you don't have time
these are pretty good cold too
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 3:58:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I laughed when you said you were going to give that guy a hand job. 

I kept expecting something to go horribly wrong though. I'm not sure why. Thanks for shareing.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 2:45:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I am impressed that I have made as much food as I have on that little BSR stove, and never nocked it over. Our second course got canceled when we ran out of gas. I was going to shoot a video on canned roast beef in a homemade gravy sauce. For fun, I will include that in the video when I get around to finishing it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 3:08:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 2:49:41 PM EDT
[#5]
As long as it is boiled you are going to be good to go. I have never gotten sick from cooking with lake, creek, or river water. That said, if you are in farmland there is a good chance it will have pesticides, and fertilizer in it. I would never do this if I live in New Jersey. The water I saw there had oil slicks on it is spots. Here in the hills, and mountains of WA state, I feel safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top