Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2017 3:23:24 PM EDT
I had my 10x10 Kodiak Canvas tent set up in the woods since Easter...Wanted to take it down long before today but it's pretty much been raining every other day or ever 3 days.  As in lots of rain so I thought I'd leave it up hoping for a dry spell that never came, until now that is.

Since we have dry weather forecast for the next 3 days I finally went back and took it down and moved it up to the yard to get sun and dry/air it out.  Unfortunately it looks like mold/mildew has set in on the bottom 1/3 of the tent, as well as part of the roof.  Not isolated areas either but large patches that span the entire width

Frankly Im torn.  Im not sure I want to put the time/effort into trying to clean/salvage this only to have it turn out that it's ruined.

Has anyone here successfully salvaged a heavily mildewed canvas tent?
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 6:32:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems like it would be savable.  Set it up dry, scrub the crap out of it.

Might even add some bleach to the soap.  Dry and treat with canvas treatment.    

Is it really humid in your AO?  That would be a problem.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 6:34:51 PM EDT
[#2]
They sell some mildew removal soap, I used it on a boat cover and it worked.  Lots of scrubbing tho.  I had a brush on a broomstick.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:05:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Hydrogen peroxide.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top