Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2017 3:12:31 PM EDT
I was wondering if anyone has experience with Slumberjack sleeping bags.  Specifically how their temp ratings stack up are they spot on or more  of a lower limit?  Even more specifically their -20 bags either the Lapland or Sojourn.  I am looking to do a couple of winter endurance events next winter at least one event has a requirement of a -20 bag it has to be a singular bag not a sleep system. All the events have dedicated shelter checkpoints along the way the bag is more if something happens and the participant has to bivy out over night.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 5:55:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:58:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I have owned several of their better synthetic bags over the years.   I always found them well made in the past.    I also found most of their temp ratings a bit optimistic, in my opinion.

Most of the bags I use today are down bags from Mountain Hardware, The North Face, Sierra Designs, and Western Mountaineering.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:35:09 AM EDT
[#3]
We just got my kid a soljurn 40f.
Its dri down. Sub 3 lbs.
It's got some good features I like.
Big zippers.. good dual side zips.
Abilty to zip down and then stick your arms out and then Velcro the top back down. Aka..able to work from the bag. Big baffles by the zippers..
Came with stuff sack and mesh storage bag.
Irrc it's also treated for water repellancy.

I've only had zero f bags from them in the past. And they were nice. This bag for what I spent 60+$ seems ok. Least in terms of construction.
I purchased one of their backpacks last year and was surprised at it's quality. I expected shit lol.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:46:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one of their packs and consider the quality and construction top notch...  I don't own one of their sleeping bags though...
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:53:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I have two Slumberjack bags, one rectangular rated at 40 degrees F, the other, a mummy, rated at 32F, both, in my experience, fairly accurately. Asked their rep at the ShotShow a few years ago about their temperature rating protocol, and while the answer was ambiguous, results seem OK. These bags are well made, thoughtfully detailed, remarkably light and  compressible, valued components of my camping kit.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:46:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Woot.com has then on sale now 69-89 for the sojourn and another model.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:08:15 PM EDT
[#7]
i have an older -20F Slumberjack bag.  I have used at well below 0F in BWCA but never down to a full -20F and was toasty warm.  Always say...."comfy in my slumbee"

Jeff
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 3:11:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have an old synthetic Slumberjack. It's rated to 0* and I've slept in it down to that temp a few times.   Don't have any info on the ones you're asking about though.
View Quote
Same here though I think mine is a 20* bag and it's a rectangle one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top