Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2017 11:20:47 AM EDT
It appears the backpacker discussion forums have died off.   Maybe it happened yearsago.    I don't know.   Thought I would check today.    They are toast.  There are places to didcuss the magazine's articles, but that is about it.    15 to 20 years ago, it was like a "democrat underground" site.

Glad they are finally gone!    Happy day!
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 11:43:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought one of thier rags few years back...

It was a gear fag..mother earth drum circle cluster fuck of a save the whale waste of my money.

Pro tip to ""backpackers/hikers"

Not everyone in the woods is a liberal tree humping patchouli smelling Serria club blowing green living blow hard.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 12:34:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It was a gear fag..mother earth drum circle cluster fuck of a save the whale waste of my money.

Not everyone in the woods is a liberal tree humping patchouli smelling Serria club blowing green living blow hard.
View Quote

That's the thing.  I could apply that sentence to a host of other things.  

Why is it that people have to take over activities/places with their politics?
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:00:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dunno.
All I wanted was a rag to get hints..ideas..kill time on a flight.
I buy mother earth a few times a year..good garden tips etc. It's expected to see Ed bagley  or whatever his name is pimping gmo free seeds..
Not how a backpack is free trade hemp infused fur seal safe and that's why it's #1 on our top picks list.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 2:18:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nice rant!

I took notes
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 4:39:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Nice rant!

I took notes
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice rant!

I took notes

No shit...that's the best I've seen in a while...hell, I had to even look up "patchouli"  But I do agree....
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:14:29 PM EDT
[#6]
There was one called thebackpacker.com  Owner Matt built it up, then sold it for a grip of money to some investors or something who ran it into the ground.. it is gone now, but it lives on on facebook.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:48:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Thats the same problem with the white blaze from the few times I've been there. Everytime the topic of carry comes up you'll have a host of retards saying they will call the cops if they see someone carrying.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 3:20:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thats the same problem with the white blaze from the few times I've been there. Everytime the topic of carry comes up you'll have a host of retards saying they will call the cops if they see someone carrying.
View Quote
The Florida trail has a rule iirc no firearms.
But the trail runs through woods where people hunt in the ocala national forest....
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 1:43:52 PM EDT
[#9]
The moderator, BP2GO, was a big time commie creep.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 7:28:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:40:59 AM EDT
[#11]
If it's gear reviews you're after, Outdoor Gear Lab does a pretty good job.

ETA: Blister is fantastic for the winter-inclined.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:58:16 AM EDT
[#12]
They went south went they jumped in the leftist hippy activist pool with both feet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top