Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2017 12:16:16 AM EDT
I got a Big Agnes Fly Creek Ul2 a few weeks back. Thinking about returning it and getting a TarpTent Double Moment. The Fly Creek is made in China, not free standing but is only a bit over two pounds. The Double Moment is made in the states but weighs 60oz with the extra pole to make it free standing and is made of heavier nylon. It'll cost $385 as well. I'm looking for a tent to last me awhile for backpacking, hunting and general camping. The longest hike I'll do this summer will be a 3 night hike and I'll probably do 3-5 overnight hikes as well. Anyone have experience with these tents? Should I return it?
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 12:41:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the platinum fly creek 2.  While I don't have a moment, I do have the rainshadow 2, which I suspect is the same method of construction.

I don't really have anything bad to say about either of them, but I do like that the BA has a separate rain fly, and so there's no condensation.

IMO, the tarptent wouldn't be an upgrade...
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 12:49:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the platinum fly creek 2.  While I don't have a moment, I do have the rainshadow 2, which I suspect is the same method of construction.

I don't really have anything bad to say about either of them, but I do like that the BA has a separate rain fly, and so there's no condensation.

IMO, the tarptent wouldn't be an upgrade...
View Quote

Thanks for the reply and insight. I believe the Moment is double wall though.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 1:10:52 AM EDT
[#3]
OK, it may be.  I only have their rainshadow.  It's a nice tent, and I don't mean to disparage their gear.

You might try reading over on BPL and see what those guys think.  They've tried about everything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top