Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2016 4:07:50 PM EDT
It's been 12 year with my Maxpedition Vulture it been a great pack and has served me well been overseas twice and was my EDC pack even did half a year as a high school backpack when my sons pack tore.  Now not that I'm having any problems with the pack it is that I feel it's time to upgrade or get a new one the thing I don't like about the pack is there is not a good comfortable place to place a 100 oz water bladder one can fit but it is uncomfortable or it takes up a lot of the room in the pack pain to set it up.

I have just thought why not get the new Vulture-II but I wanted to see what other packs are out there and what reviews you guys have on them! Mostly want a 2.000+ cu. in pack that and comfortable carry 100 oz bladder that's what I need most. I have also been looking at the 5.11 Rush 72 hour. This pack is going to be again my EDC pack its going to go from day trips, overnight trips, hiking, hunting, camping it going to be for everything. Thanks for the advice!

Edited to add: Anyone know of a pack that can hold two water bladders?
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 6:07:19 PM EDT
[#1]
London Bridge Trading Company 3 day pack.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 6:35:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
London Bridge Trading Company 3 day pack.
View Quote

I believe thery have them on sale this weekend for $79 and $99 depending on color.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 7:04:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I did look at the GoRuck GR1 nice pack but the $300 is kind of a lot. Also saw this pack by Direct Action called the Ghost looks nice. I did check out the London Bridge Trading Company 3 day pack sale must be gone because they where around $191 when I looked at them they look nice just wish they had more photos of the pack. I also looked at a few of the packs from BDS the 378 and there 72 hour pack.

So far I like the Ghost and read a lot of good reviews on it also like how I was told it also comes in Kryptek Highland have not seem any reviews on BDS 387 but also comes in Kryptek Highland also also made in the USA and lifetime warranty does not hurt.

Edited to add what I have looked at so far.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 12:22:00 AM EDT
[#4]
You had a Maxpedition that lasted 12 years....why not get another one?

If you don't like the Vulture II, how about:

Zafar Internal Frame Backpack

Xantha Internal Frame Backpack

I have the Zantha and love it.  However it might be a little big for a 3 day.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 11:55:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You had a Maxpedition that lasted 12 years....why not get another one?

If you don't like the Vulture II, how about:

Zafar Internal Frame Backpack

Xantha Internal Frame Backpack

I have the Zantha and love it.  However it might be a little big for a 3 day.
View Quote

What I don't like about the vulture ( notice I did not say II I have one of the OG packs.) is that there hydration bladder area is right in your back mine is very uncomfortable. The newer one has the pouch in the same place and since I have not held or seen the new one I'm not going to buy it just to find out I have the same problem as my old one.

I also looked at may of there other packs like them but they all have the same problem to me hydration bladder in your back.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 1:03:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm digging my slumberjack strider. It's not a true three day pack as it's around the 1800ci mark iirc. But it's plenty big for 1-2+ days right now. Not so much in winter.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 10:56:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm digging my slumberjack strider. It's not a true three day pack as it's around the 1800ci mark iirc. But it's plenty big for 1-2+ days right now. Not so much in winter.
View Quote

Thanks for the company name it look like they have packs the size I'm looking for on there site just does not tell much about them like the material they are made out of also are they hooked up for a water bladder?
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Thanks for the company name it look like they have packs the size I'm looking for on there site just does not tell much about them like the material they are made out of also are they hooked up for a water bladder?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fabric is 500d pu/dwr backed  ..zippers are large #10 iirc ykks.

Bladder wise there's a sleeve but no hangers for the bladder on mine. So I shoved it in the sleeve for the frame sheet. Works better that way on the pack I have.

Hardware is all ju iirc.

To be honest it's bigger than I thought. I wanted something a tad bigger than my cbak mule. Its more the size of a hawg but bigger.

Like u I was Leary....once price was dropped sub 50$  I jumped...but I agree more info on specs would be nice.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:09:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Bladder wise there's a sleeve but no hangers for the bladder on mine. So I shoved it in the sleeve for the frame sheet. Works better that way on the pack I have.
Hardware is all ju iirc.
To be honest it's bigger than I thought. I wanted something a tad bigger than my cbak mule. Its more the size of a hawg but bigger.
Like u I was Leary....once price was dropped sub 50$  I jumped...but I agree more info on specs would be nice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hardware is all ju iirc.

I just "borrow" some ribbon from my wife's crafting stash and add hangers to packs that don't have them.  It's really easy:

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:40:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I just "borrow" some ribbon from my wife's crafting stash and add hangers to packs that don't have them.  It's really easy:

http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq331/AR45fan/2016-05/DA8542C7-43AE-4F45-8CB0-AB6F9D324518.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hardware is all ju iirc.

http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq331/AR45fan/2016-05/DA8542C7-43AE-4F45-8CB0-AB6F9D324518.jpg

Nice job might do that with my old pack for the time being. Still like that Direct action Ghost pack seems like a good company to deal with! Link to Ghost pack
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:41:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Mystery Ranch 3DAP is the end all be all of packs in this category. LBT, Eagle, THE Pack, civvie packs, Not even close especially with the belt upgrade. Maybe a Kifaru X-Ray might come close.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 6:20:21 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hardware is all ju iirc.

Yup easy mod. I make stuff as a hobby...just haven't got to it..yet. that suit called life gets in the way lmao.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 1:12:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Mystery Ranch 3DAP is the end all be all of packs in this category. LBT, Eagle, THE Pack, civvie packs, Not even close especially with the belt upgrade. Maybe a Kifaru X-Ray might come close.
View Quote

Also the hard to swallow $325 price right now that is my top pick but I can afford that right now maybe in a few months if I land a better job!
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 8:12:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 1:07:21 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
How big?

"3 day" size?  Look at a Kelty Redwing of whatever size and color you like.  Very comfortable with a small internal frame.  Every Kelty pack I have had is high quality.  I have the old model Redwing which is 20ish years old, and a new model which I really like.

If you watch sales, or surf the internet you should be able to find them for at or just under $100...

This is the only picture I have of my new one:

My old one, it was my first internal frame.  My father got it for me when I was 12 or 13.

The interior water proofing started to delaminate a bit a few years ago, a couple of the tie out points started to weather check and crack so while searching for a new Kelty of similar size I found some posts about their lifetime warranty.  So I called them told them about my old pack that I used for decades...  They said they can't fix the waterproofing issue as it has more then lived its life but they can try to fix the tie outs.  At that point they gave me a 50% off coupon and free shipping for any pack on their website.  I used that to order myself a new Redwing which has been a really good pack.  I shipped them my Old Redwing, which was returned to me a few weeks later with fresh lashing points sewn on it.  I have since got a Coyote, and a Cache Hauler.

My EDC pack is a Kelty Windjammer...  Many of my current packs have been discontinued so I am glad I got them while I could

After being treated so well by a company, that provided me with exceptional customer service, I would buy any of their products without hesitation.

Any ways I have enough packs to last the rest of my life at this point...  
View Quote

I see a couple others mentioned slumberjack...  I do have their frame hauler which I think they call "rail hauler" and it is a quality bit of gear.  I can't speak for their other packs but the one I do have from slumberjack is good to go.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 6:30:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Sent an email to BSD tactical asking if since they do custom built to order packs if they could adjust one of there packs to use two bladder pack that was about a week ago never got anything back from them!
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:00:12 AM EDT
[#17]
I really like my Kelty MAP3500. It has two sleeves for bladders (although I think one is actually meant for a radio).

Available in many tactical and non-tactical colors.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 9:51:42 AM EDT
[#18]
FYI.
Woot has the slumberjack Strider in mandrake krptek for 59$.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 10:23:09 PM EDT
[#19]
I recently ordered an LLBean Continental Rucksack

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/79241?page=llbean-continental-rucksack
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 8:07:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Don't know if Camelbak is still making this model.  Its been going strong since 04' and does hold a 100oz bladder.  Its been on every deployment since then and when I was and Robin Sage instructor.  Have a smaller one for hunting.  On avg. its gets used for 7-14 days a month since then.  Just came back from another 10 day mission in northern Iraq.  This is an older picture of it in Astan in 11'.  These are built tough!

CD
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 2:31:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I really like my Kelty MAP3500. It has two sleeves for bladders (although I think one is actually meant for a radio).

Available in many tactical and non-tactical colors.
View Quote

Like to know more about that pack! How long have you had it? How much weight have you had in it? What do you like about it and what would you change about it if you could?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top