Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2016 6:02:25 AM EDT
Have a 10x10 canvas tent I am looking to put a cot in.  Sleeping on the ground is ok, but I'd really prefer a cot.

Suggestions?
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 9:59:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I have this and like that it's bigger to give me a little room to stretch out.

http://www.amazon.com/Slumberjack-SJF7805-Big-XL-Cot/dp/B000A8BSK8
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:09:36 PM EDT
[#2]
If you can find an old surplus cot, those are awesome.  Heavy, but durable as hell.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 1:09:04 PM EDT
[#3]
This here

Used these for a couple years now.  Small and still does the job.  More comfortable than surplus ones IMHO
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 7:43:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Cabela's Alaskan Guide cot is pretty nice.  We have 2 of them and love them.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 12:31:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Roll-A-Cot is the pick of the litter --- comfortable & EZ in/out height, ample storage beneath, adjustable tension/firmness on platform, compact when  stowed, EZ set-up, high-quality durable construction, impervious to H2O (great for canoeing,etc. ---stow in bilge, keep other gear dry...).Like their other products, a class piece of kit...
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 7:24:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I have two Camp Time Roll a Cot that I use in my 12x14 wall tent. I like the set up and comfort of these cots the best of all the cots that I have slept on.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:28:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm not sure how large you are but I'm 6'5" 250 and have one of the cabelas XL cots and it is fantastic.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:49:21 PM EDT
[#8]

This is the Teton version, XXL Cot.  I have the Cabela's version but basically the same thing.  Love it, fits well in a 10x10 tent.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 5:00:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not sure how large you are but I'm 6'5" 250 and have one of the cabelas XL cots and it is fantastic.
View Quote

5'9" 190 lbs...leaning towards an XL cot...

do these store compactly.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 7:58:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The site says " Folds down to a small 46"L x 7.5"W x 13.25"H for easy transport"  But yes they are fairly compact and a little bigger than a larger camp folding chair that is in its bag.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 8:04:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have one of these. I am 6'3" 270lbs and it is comfortable enough for me.

http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-2000019281-Trailhead-II-Cot/dp/B00VTJMDLU?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 4:52:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Drove out to cabelas the other night and picked up the outfitter XL cot...

that sucker is huge and takes up a lot of the 10x10 canvas tent i intend to use it in.  have a trip coming up in a few days where i will get to use it so we'll see how using up all that space bothers me (if at all).  While it will be nice to get up off the ground, Im really not sure what I think about all that space being taken up by a cot.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 10:52:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

that sucker is huge and takes up a lot of the 10x10 canvas tent i intend to use it in.  have a trip coming up in a few days where i will get to use it so we'll see how using up all that space bothers me (if at all).  While it will be nice to get up off the ground, Im really not sure what I think about all that space being taken up by a cot.
View Quote

I guess I should have said that I mainly use mine in our nasty farm house so the size doesn't bother me.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:40:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Depending on the height, there should be plenty of space under the cot, which works out better anyways.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 8:01:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Interested in this bc I have been in the market for one.  I'm disappointed in most of the online reviews, saying some have plastic joining material instead of steel and thus they won't be long for this world.  

I want to find a good one that will fit in my tent but will last me 10 years as well.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 2:48:16 AM EDT
[#16]
I haven't kept track, precisely, but guess,fairly accurately, I think, that I have been using my "Roll-A-Cot" for around ten years of fairly consistent use, i.e., let's say --- set-up/take-down ,twice a month, on average,over 10 years, or: 2x12x10=240 uses,+/- ... There is no discernible wear or tear of any part of the cot itself , and recently, I "Speedy-Stitched" a repair to a failed seam on the cot's carry-case  ---  a quick and EZ repair of an otherwise bulletproof piece of gear.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 12:33:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I went with the cabelas Alaskan guide cot, wich is 8 " narrower than the outfitter xl. 32" is plenty wide to sprawl out on and I find it comfortable with a self inflating mattress on it. Maybe you can exchange the outfitter Xl for the Alaskan?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top