Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2016 12:40:11 AM EDT
I'm pretty stoked about what I found for $10 today.  I have been shopping around for a small chain saw for brush, and really wanted another Dolmar like my big saw...but Dolmar's are figgen expensive, and I really didn't want to spend as much as what they wanted for a new Dolmar. Anyway, I went to this sale today, and I saw an ECHO CS-3000 sitting on the ground with no bar or chain on it, It was marked $10....I asked the owner if it ran, he said he didn't know...it hasn't been running for 10 years, he also told me the clutch was bad, and he just never fixed it. I asked him if he cared if I went to grab my mixed gas, to see if I could get it running, he replied that he would hold it for me. I gassed it up, primed it, and put it on choke...first pull, it it rapped off like it was actually gonna start, so I removed the choke, and pulled it like 7 times...and nothing, but I remembered the first pull, and knew I could get it running, so I bought it. About an hour later, I showed my son my find, and for good measure, I puled it...and it started the first pull! This thing runs like a raped ape! I must have flooded it when I first tried, but now, all is good. The clutch seems good, and the oiler works good, but the clutch drum is bad, that's an easy enough fix. So anyway, I need a 16" bar, a chain, a clutch drum, new primer bulb, and maybe new gas lines.... a grand total of $85. So when I get everything done, I will have a $95 running chain saw, that is actually a good brand....I love garage sales.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 11:58:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats, I never find anything good at yard sales.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 10:37:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Just have to ask; Why a 16inch bar?
Why not a 12 inch? You said you where looKing for a smaller saw!
But yes a great fine! Gauge sale are starting up!!!
Looking every weekend to see what is out there!!!

PITA45
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 11:35:25 PM EDT
[#3]
16" is a small saw.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top