Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2016 8:15:10 PM EDT
I love my 5.11 Traverse pant.... but I want to look less like a mall ninja so what I am looking for is a pant of similar material, quick drying, stretch, articulated knees, good fit but NO CARGO POCKETS.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:18:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you looking for a closer fitting "technical" outdoor pant, or something for casual wear?
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 10:11:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you looking for a closer fitting "technical" outdoor pant, or something for casual wear?
View Quote

Good question...

I assume he will say yes... Rock climbing pants come to mind.
www.backcountry.com
www.rei.com
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 12:13:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Honestly thr Traverse fit is perfect for me. It is not tight at all not even as a stretch pant. It is very comfortable and allows for freedom of movement.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 8:15:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I just got some Prana stretch zion pants that are amazing.  These have a cargo pocket on one side.  They have other pants with the same material (zion) without cargo pockets, so search their site for 'zion'.

ETA:  http://www.prana.com/men/featured/stretch-zion-family.html

You might like the knickers
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 9:46:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Good question...

www.backcountry.com
www.rei.com
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good question...

www.backcountry.com
www.rei.com

Thats what I was just thinking. I love my Outdoor Research pants.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 10:32:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm loving all of the DuluthFlex line.

I have the logger's, foreman's, nylon dry's, and nylon cargos.

If you sign up for their e-mail you will get a 20% off code within 24 hours.  You will also get constant discount codes and free shipping codes almost daily so don't be too discouraged at their prices.

DuluthFlex Dry on the Fly nylon pants

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:13:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Any of the big outdoor companies will have what you want.  Outdoor Research and Marmot are the first to come to mind as they have some subdued - but not tactical - clothing colors.  If you can get access to Promotive, you'll find them all on there.   Anything made of the thinner Schoeller fabrics are the shit.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 7:17:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a couple of pairs of Kuhl Slackr's that I really like for hiking. I also have an awesome pair of Merrell's that are super lightweight, quick drying, with great range of motion but they discontinued that style
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:09:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Check out the Eddie Bauer Guide Pro pants.

Anything in their First Ascent lineup is legit.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:02:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have a pair of those as well, but they were too tight in the thighs and calves for me. The Outdoor Research pants seem a little stretchier and cut more generously
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 2:42:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I love my 5.11 Traverse pant.... but I want to look less like a mall ninja so what I am looking for is a pant of similar material, quick drying, stretch, articulated knees, good fit but NO CARGO POCKETS.
View Quote

Take a look at Dutch Trading Company!
Their pants are not cheap!! Bought two pair of their carpenter pants! I lost to many things out of a cargo pockets!
They dry fast, and they are good looking! You could say I wear them for what I would call dressing up!
I'm retired, This is as dressed up as I get!!!!
Let the hive know what you do get!!!

PITA45                
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:08:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If you sign up for their e-mail you will get a 20% off code within 24 hours.  You will also get constant discount codes and free shipping codes almost daily so don't be too discouraged at their prices.

View Quote

What did you decide OP?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:33:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What did you decide OP?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did you decide OP?

Still researching, there is so much I didn't know. I was tempted by the Duluth ones but honestly I would prefer to try them on before pulling the trigger. There are no decent outdoor stores around here.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:53:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Still researching, there is so much I didn't know. I was tempted by the Duluth ones but honestly I would prefer to try them on before pulling the trigger. There are no decent outdoor stores around here.
View Quote

I felt the same way, but they have a very easy no hassle policy.

FYI, the fit was true to size for me when compared to Levi's and Wrangler's (both jeans and the cargo pants from Wrangler).

In the past, I also cheaped out for range/competition/shooting pants with the Wranglers from Wal-Mart.  Now that I've experienced the awesome-ness that is DuluthFlex, I won't be going back.  The Wranglers are now relegated to yard work duty until the crotch blows out.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:55:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Oops, I didn't realize this was not in GD.

My apologies.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:01:48 AM EDT
[#16]
I find these to be pretty great. They are comfy, they stretch, and look very casual. I wear them year round in the Florida heat.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 10:07:00 PM EDT
[#17]
The Prana stretch zion pants are my favorite outdoor, hiking, climbing pants! I have two pairs that I use for rock climbing and they are surprisingly durable for how light weight they are!
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 10:31:56 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a pair of the original BG survivor pants.
They're pretty light and have stretch panels.

Have held up great for like 8 years.

Not sure about the latest version they're making.

The pockets are there but pretty understated really.

This version

https://bemusedbackpacker.com/reviews/gear-and-equipment-reviews-2/travel-clothing/bear-grylls-survivor-trousers/
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 11:33:15 PM EDT
[#19]
You know really all you guys are so worried about the way you look! Being Military and was a Cop I look for what your talking about but everyday sheep!!! They don't see 5.11 as some tac pants/mall ninja/military type person! Really they see "Nice pants like to get some or WTF is he/she wearing so ugly and does not conform to what style is today!"

Really this is it! If your worried about people like me I know your type no matter what clothing you have on! I will give you "Dogs" this try this trick since your not s "Sheep Dog" try acting like the sheep! Not how you dress or the backpack you carry or the brand of whatever you have! What set a "Dog" out from the sheep is his actions how he/she talks how you walk and how you stand and talk with people! Also where a lot of people show they are "Dog's" is any gun store, Sporting good store or any place that sells guns or ammo! Not going to get into all that right now!

But cargo pockets being to TAC looking!! That is just funny the Brits first issued these types of pants in 1936 yes to there military but since then none "Sheep dogs" along with a lot of hippies have used cargo pants! This goes to the whole how others look at YOU! Sure if you had long hair talked peace and love and wore a military uniform people would not question you as being a sheep! Care to know know more IM me!
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:11:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

+1 on the Eddie Bauer pants. I have the guide pros in every color and some of their shorts made of the same material. I like a more modern fit vs a loose fit so these are absolutely perfect for me. They repel water really well too, while still being great cool weather hiking pants.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:06:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Lots of sales this weekend
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:05:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have a couple of pairs of Kuhl Slackr's that I really like for hiking. I also have an awesome pair of Merrell's that are super lightweight, quick drying, with great range of motion but they discontinued that style
View Quote

Another vote for Kuhl. I wear their pants almost every day: Slax for office days, Ryder for field days, and their stretch nylon cargo pants for backpacking. You really can't go wrong with Kuhl, IMO. Find a local dealer and try some on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top