Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2016 4:34:17 PM EDT
Gentlemen,

Getting married this summer and am supposed to add items to the Amazon wedding registry.  Yeah, yeah I know "don't do it."  I've already heard all that.

I live in the mountains and am an avid outdoors/hunting/camping/hiking enthusiast and so have all sorts of gear for one dude, but now I am picking up 2 step boys of elementary and middle school age.

Can anyone recommend essential items for a new family's wedding registry?  Anything I might have missed or not thought of?  Mostly interested in fun stuff for young boys, maybe compasses and canteens.

The lady has already added the typical kitchen stuff, but what else would be fun?  I added a few flashlights and knives already, of course-and tents, mountain house, etc.

Thanks for the input!
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 4:45:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Sleeping bags, pads, head lamps, mess kits? Just thinking about my backpacking gear that the inner child in me gets excited about. Kestrel Drop looks like a cool and useful gadget, but I haven't used one.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:56:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Looking back, I wish I had put in for one of those nice big 3 burner "Camp Chef" Expedition stoves.

We got sleeping bags, a Coleman tent, a lantern, a no name knock off propane stove, and some other odds/ends.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:37:06 PM EDT
[#3]
First point of order...  It's really cool that your first thoughts are about the kids.

The propane duel burner stoves are way better than a backpacking stove when you're camping.

Depending on how much water you have around you, some fishing rods may be good for the kids too.  If I were in the Billings area I would be teaching them to fly fish.  (I don't know the rest of the state)

Congratulations....
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 12:38:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Silicone wedding ring for use when outdoors.  Stays on my finger better and It will break instead of my finger if something goes wrong.
http://qalo.com/

Family size tent
Double sleeping bag
Dutch oven #12
NIIICE camping chairs
Hammock
LED Lanterns
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 2:52:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Silicone wedding ring for use when outdoors.  Stays on my finger better and It will break instead of my finger if something goes wrong.

Family size tent
Double sleeping bag
Dutch oven #12
NIIICE camping chairs
Hammock
LED Lanterns
View Quote

I second everything said here. Love my qalo
If asking for a hammock, ask for eno straps as well.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 11:57:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Family size tent
Double sleeping bag
Dutch oven #12
NIIICE camping chairs
Hammock
LED Lanterns
View Quote

Good call on the Qalo!  The lady bought me one as a tactical engagement ring.  Researching cushy camping chairs right away.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 11:58:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
First point of order...  It's really cool that your first thoughts are about the kids.

The propane duel burner stoves are way better than a backpacking stove when you're camping.

Depending on how much water you have around you, some fishing rods may be good for the kids too.  If I were in the Billings area I would be teaching them to fly fish.  (I don't know the rest of the state)

Congratulations....
View Quote

Thanks for the input!  The boys will be going through flyfish bootcamp this summer, that's for sure.  I might argue that my AO has better fishing than Billings.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 5:13:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks for the input!  The boys will be going through flyfish bootcamp this summer, that's for sure.  I might argue that my AO has better fishing than Billings.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Congratulations....

Well... you really cant go wrong anywhere in MT when it comes to fishing!  
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 7:23:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Looking back, I wish I had put in for one of those nice big 3 burner "Camp Chef" Expedition stoves.

We got sleeping bags, a Coleman tent, a lantern, a no name knock off propane stove, and some other odds/ends.
View Quote

this
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top