Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2016 9:33:37 PM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with Klymit sleep pads? Any problems staying warm with the skeletal design? ? How do they compare with Therma-Rest?

Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 10:21:44 PM EDT
[#1]
My son just got one.  He used it last weekend at 27 degrees and said it worked really well.  He was warm.  I went with a Big Agness Q core and it worked really well too.  I have a thermorest but it is way to big to hike with.  And he moved to a backpacking pad also.  Mine kept me warm in a hammock..
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 12:52:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I recently bought a Klymit inertia xframe in camo directly from Klymit's ebay page.  I haven't tried it yet but you can't beat them for $34.95 w/free shipping.  I'll be trying it out in May while hammock camping
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 7:05:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the Klymit INteria X-lite.  I like it for ultra light back packing and bike packing.  When weight isn't so important I use a heavier pad.

http://www.klymit.com/index.php/products-1/sleeping-pads/outdoor/inertia-x-lite-orange.html

40 miles into a 6 day 400 mile 80% gravel road bike camping trip.

Link Posted: 3/26/2016 11:34:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Does anyone have any experience with Klymit sleep pads? Any problems staying warm with the skeletal design? ? How do they compare with Therma-Rest?

Thank you.
View Quote

Long time Therma-rest guy, the Klymit's are noticeably colder. But the all things considered the reduced packed size and weight makes it my go to packing pad. DannerTrax
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Klymit Static V insulated pad. It's too thin if you're a side sleeper. Should be OK if you sleep on your back.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 4:26:11 PM EDT
[#6]
It's a summer pad. Definitely sleeps cold, since there's essentially zero insulation.

I have the Xframe, and it's a great pad for the summer trips I take. Can't beat something that packs down to the size of a coke can. It keeps my pack

Also, they can start to leak because of all the seams on them. Some seamgrip and a bathtub will fix it.

Link Posted: 4/4/2016 8:21:54 PM EDT
[#7]
The klymit inertia pads seem warmer when you put them inside the sleeping bag in my experience. They are great when my girlfriend and I zip our sleeping bags up together.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 5:34:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a Klymit Static V insulated pad. It's too thin if you're a side sleeper. Should be OK if you sleep on your back.
View Quote

This..I'm a side sleepier and have this pad. Used it in some 40 degree weather. Was a bit cold but had hand earners in my bag which made sleeping fine. Only way I was able to sleep was on my back.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:43:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This..I'm a side sleepier and have this pad. Used it in some 40 degree weather. Was a bit cold but had hand earners in my bag which made sleeping fine. Only way I was able to sleep was on my back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Another KSV user.

Difficult to say as it was 90F out, all day and all night.  Went to sleep sweating, woke up sweating

I can say that I'm still undecided on these sort of pads as they have no 'give'.  You inflate all the way and they are solid.  You deflate a little and they're still only so-so.  Deflating any further defeats the purpose.

I also have the Klymit x-pillow.  Same story, no give.  

But they certainly pack down nice and small.

DryTortugas-8553 by Dan Passaro, on Flickr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top