Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2016 7:48:17 PM EDT
I was building a shelter in the woods and took some time to try an IMP which is much like a MRE.  Breakfast sausages and bread from 2010-11

I got a nice little fire but should of took a bit more time prepping my meal.  

I'll post some pictures of the shelter when I can get some this weekend.   The shelter is a fortified lean to.  

Nothing like a fire in the woods during the winter.  

https://youtu.be/UJbL29tNYSg
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:11:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I was building a shelter in the woods and took some time to try an IMP which is much like a MRE.  Breakfast sausages and bread from 2010-11

I got a nice little fire but should of took a bit more time prepping my meal.  

I'll post some pictures of the shelter when I can get some this weekend.   The shelter is a fortified lean to.  

Nothing like a fire in the woods during the winter.  

https://youtu.be/UJbL29tNYSg
View Quote

Very nice bush breakfast video my dear sir !!!!!

Just curious does PE STAND for Prince Edward Island?

Thanks for sharing the video!!!

greetings from Maine USA
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 5:53:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah it was tastier than I thought and yeah I live on PEI.  Great spot but winters can drag on a bit.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:23:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Just curious why you couldn't use clean snow for the water. Pretty nice setup though. I'm an older fart and it brings back some memories.

Good vid.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:09:00 PM EDT
[#4]
You certainly can use the snow.  It likely would make a good time lapse video to boot.   I got my old fart card a few years ago and I'm just figuring out he rewards and privileges associated with the card

Thanks for watching and glad you enjoyed it!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:31:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Personal experience is it takes a lot of snow melting to get a decent amount of water.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 9:28:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah It does a lot of snow and effort.  If I can get ice I use it instead and usually have a pot my fire reflector.  Thanks for the idea I will use it some day after fresh snow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top