Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2016 12:29:29 AM EDT
How many of you subscribe to Luke's YT channel or check his FB page and website?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpmbA7yNOl7aTj_ffkaWWag

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:23:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 9:40:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Subbed about a year ago. His review videos are hit or miss as to my interests, but I really like his trip videos. He does a good mix of backpacking, hiking, and a tiny bit of bushcraft and isn't a gear snob by any means. Kind of cool that he's only a couple hours away from me too, in the NC mountains.

Some other channels have poor recording quality or speak like they're a 5th grader giving a big speech in front of half the school. I like that Luke is well spoken, has good equipment & editing, always very positive, keeps his videos PG, and shares his opinion but keeps things rather objective.

Another guy I really like is Joerobinetbushcraft. He's one of the guys from the History channel show "Alone". It was funny when I saw him on the first trailer for the show.
Joe Robinet Bushcraft
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 1:28:41 PM EDT
[#3]
His reviews are very well presented and thought out.  Probably the most positive guys I've ever seen.  I also enjoy watching his camping/hiking videos, you almost feel like you are there as well.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:14:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I really like his videos and I like Luke and Susan together. They seem like genuinely great people.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:46:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Luke is careful to keep his personal views on politics and such off his videos aside from saying he thinks our country is in a dark place. He's a gun owner, has  NC CHL, and his wife home-schools their youngest child so you can gather that he's "one of us". In one of his videos Luke mentions that very few if anyone he meets on the trail recognizes him but that he's a local celebrity of sorts at the LGS.

He does not review products until he or his wife have thoroughly tested them in the field (yes, they do give brief "previews" but withhold judgement until the product is tested and only then do they review).

He's also careful (for the most part) to keep profanity off his videos (although his wife has said he does have a somewhat colorful vocabulary ). He's mentioned that he works from home (I think he's a freelance web designer). I've sent him a couple of freebies and he's always been most grateful.

Like someone else mentioned his product reviews can be hit or miss depending on what he's got to review but his overnight and day hiking vids are always fun to watch.

Another hiking/backpacking/guns Youtube channel I like to watch is sintax77

Sean (or Shawn) is a video production person in the Philadelphia area He's big on ultralight backpacking and camping hammocks but he's not above making and using DIY gear.

Also "corporals corner" with Sean Kelly. Semper Fi!!!!

Joe Robinet is also on the GTG list.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:56:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I am subscribed.  Have been for a couple years.  Like others said his gear reviews are hit or miss for my interest but I always enjoy a good trip video.  I enjoy Joe's videos very much as well.

MCQBushcraft is another good channel to check out.  His video quality rivals major TV networks!
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:18:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I subscribe to his channel and watch all his videos except for the flashlight reviews.

He looks like a good guy and as was said before, he would probably fit in here.  I think he even mentioned once that he has an AR.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:56:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Luke is careful to keep his personal views on politics and such off his videos aside from saying he thinks our country is in a dark place. He's a gun owner, has  NC CHL, and his wife home-schools their youngest child so you can gather that he's "one of us". In one of his videos Luke mentions that very few if anyone he meets on the trail recognizes him but that he's a local celebrity of sorts at the LGS.

He does not review products until he or his wife have thoroughly tested them in the field (yes, they do give brief "previews" but withhold judgement until the product is tested and only then do they review).

He's also careful (for the most part) to keep profanity off his videos (although his wife has said he does have a somewhat colorful vocabulary ). He's mentioned that he works from home (I think he's a freelance web designer). I've sent him a couple of freebies and he's always been most grateful.

Like someone else mentioned his product reviews can be hit or miss depending on what he's got to review but his overnight and day hiking vids are always fun to watch.

Another hiking/backpacking/guns Youtube channel I like to watch is sintax77

Sean (or Shawn) is a video production person in the Philadelphia area He's big on ultralight backpacking and camping hammocks but he's not above making and using DIY gear.

Also "corporals corner" with Sean Kelly. Semper Fi!!!!

Joe Robinet is also on the GTG list.

View Quote

I just started watching sintax77 this past weekend.  Lots of good nuggets.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I watch Sintax77 a lot.  His trips are really fun, although he goes all out sometimes.  The trip where they camped in the snow and his buddy got wet and they had to cuddle for the night was fun to watch.

I like Outdoor Gear Review, he seems like a genuinely nice guy, his productions are great.  But he creeps me the hell out.  Something about his mannerisms make me think either a Baptist, Mormon or a serial killer.  

There's another guy called David Gray that's fun to watch.  His video on the Ansel Adams Wilderness is probably one of the best hiking youtube vids out there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top