Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2015 8:34:14 PM EDT
anyone know of a holster for pistol for foul weather?

the big fold over flap of the tokarev/nagant pistol is best I have right now.

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 9:10:47 PM EDT
[#1]
UM84?
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 9:47:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Check El passo Saddlery. epsaddlery.com
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 2:09:32 AM EDT
[#3]
The "Safepacker" holster, and its accessories,by The Wilderness, in Phoenix, is the hands-down winner of the best rough duty/ inclement environment holster.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the replies!
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:14:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The "Safepacker" holster, and its accessories,by The Wilderness, in Phoenix, is the hands-down winner of the best rough duty/ inclement environment holster.
View Quote

http://www.thewilderness.com/safepacker-concealment-holster/

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:00:18 AM EDT
[#6]
realtree on sale!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:03:37 PM EDT
[#7]
A shoulder holster!
It up under your clothes, It not where you could set/fall down in the wet/mud.
This would keep it dry and clean.
Flap holsters can still get dirt/mud in side.
Depending on what your doing out doors!
Just my 1/2 cents worth!

PITA45
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:52:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Guides Choice Chest holster by Diamond D in Wasilla, Alaska...

I have one for my Glock 21 and Ruger .44 Mag.

Can be worn under a coat. Can include a flap.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:48:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 11:11:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Simply Rugged Holsters make versions of their leather holsters with storm flaps. I don't personally own a holster from them, but I've heard nothing but good things.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 11:15:57 AM EDT
[#11]
hill people gear recon chest pack
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 4:03:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I use the M12 with a Glock 20.  It took a few days for the holster to stretch but it did, and the flap closes securely.  I took a pretty serious arse-over-teakettle tumble down into deep draw a few years ago on an off-trail hike and the G20SF, although there were fir tree needles in the action, was unharmed.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 1:54:10 AM EDT
[#13]
FPNI.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 10:27:46 PM EDT
[#14]

This is one way to do it.  It's kind of ghetto I  know.   I usually carry my off duty S&W Shield camping.  For recreational backpacking I stick a cheap USGI double mag pouch on the pack's molle waistbelt.  Thread the cord of a Vanguard or (knock off ) trigger guard holster into the riveted drain hole.  Now tie it off just long enough to pull the holster completely out.   And there you go, kydex/flapped holster n your choice of 3 or 4 colors.

I don't have any Glocks but I imagine they'd fit in an SR25 double mag pouch.  

Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:48:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This is one way to do it.  It's kind of ghetto I  know.   I usually carry my off duty S&W Shield camping.  For recreational backpacking I stick a cheap USGI double mag pouch on the pack's molle waistbelt.  Thread the cord of a Vanguard or (knock off ) trigger guard holster into the riveted drain hole.  Now tie it off just long enough to pull the holster completely out.   And there you go, kydex/flapped holster n your choice of 3 or 4 colors.

View Quote

Very ghetto, but sounds functional.... I'd like to know more about your avatar.....
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 7:59:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Very ghetto, but sounds functional.... I'd like to know more about your avatar.....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Young grasshopper, that's from the movie "Spies Like Us"
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 9:26:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best scene in the movie.  Classic.  Go watch the whole thing for some good old fashioned slapstick Chevy Chase style.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 6:17:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Best movie ever.  Made me want to visit Central Asia.....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top