Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2015 11:42:50 AM EDT
Ended up with my son Saturday when the girls had something going. It rained all day saturday and felt kind of cool at the end of the day. I thought that was going to translate to Sunday too..so I got the last minute idea of hunting Sunday morning. So a last minute rush I gathered up guns and gear with a goal to hit the road at 4am.  We came close, think we hit it about 0415 hrs. But we were boots on the ground at 6am. The cool weather was not to be, 79 degrees while we were driving. It was cloudy thankfully so it was bearable. We walked and sat and ate lunch. We saw milipedes, wooly caterpillars, hawks and woodpeckers. There were 5 other trucks parked when we got there but somehow we did not run into anyone else. We stayed in the Walk-in areas, away from the swamp buggies.

It was a nice dry-run. Hopefully going to get some cooler weather in a few weeks and we can spend a few nights out. It would be really nice to actually get something one day.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 12:11:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you two had fun. I know nothing about FL.
So what where you two hunting? Better yet, educate me please.
What can you hunt in FL?
Up here squirrel, rabbit, Bow season for deer, Coyote(all year round)
And if we can fine them Hogs. Sorry I do know you can hunt HOGS in FL!
Why no pictures?
Better luck next time on that weather!!!

PITA45
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 12:35:37 PM EDT
[#2]
We hunt all the same stuff that you do. We got tons of hogs. But what we have that you don't...PYTHONS! Top that.

Not to mention alligator..
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 12:39:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 2:30:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We hunt all the same stuff that you do. We got tons of hogs. But what we have that you don't...PYTHONS! Top that.

Not to mention alligator..
View Quote

OK! You got me on the pythons and gators!
So how do you cook a python?  
Thanks for the pictures. Nice dog!

PITA45

PS Did you know, You can fine most anything on you-tube

Cooking PYTHON
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 5:55:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Beautiful Lab.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 7:04:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ended up with my son Saturday when the girls had something going. It rained all day saturday and felt kind of cool at the end of the day. I thought that was going to translate to Sunday too..so I got the last minute idea of hunting Sunday morning. So a last minute rush I gathered up guns and gear with a goal to hit the road at 4am.  We came close, think we hit it about 0415 hrs. But we were boots on the ground at 6am. The cool weather was not to be, 79 degrees while we were driving. It was cloudy thankfully so it was bearable. We walked and sat and ate lunch. We saw milipedes, wooly caterpillars, hawks and woodpeckers. There were 5 other trucks parked when we got there but somehow we did not run into anyone else. We stayed in the Walk-in areas, away from the swamp buggies.

It was a nice dry-run. Hopefully going to get some cooler weather in a few weeks and we can spend a few nights out. It would be really nice to actually get something one day.
View Quote

Sounds like Corbett.  I'm in Jupiter.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:48:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Beautiful Lab.
View Quote

Pop is a GSD and Mom is a Weimarhiner...120 pounds
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:50:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep....please send us some cool weather this year... I have a quota for Richloam this weekend and a week of vacation.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 4:35:33 PM EDT
[#9]
This has been a very warm November.
My son and I have been going out to our property on weekends and it's been very active out there...lot of hogs.  He's been helping to put up ladder stands, fill feeders and we shoot targets for fun.   We've seen several out there and even stalked one but didn't shoot it as I don't think he's ready to see that yet.  Hopefully this front that's coming through this weekend will bring some cool temps..atleast for a while.

Link Posted: 11/19/2015 6:57:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This has been a very warm November.
My son and I have been going out to our property on weekends and it's been very active out there...lot of hogs.  He's been helping to put up ladder stands, fill feeders and we shoot targets for fun.   We've seen several out there and even stalked one but didn't shoot it as I don't think he's ready to see that yet.  Hopefully this front that's coming through this weekend will bring some cool temps..atleast for a while.

View Quote

Well if those are hogs are eating all the feed before the deer then I'll be glad to go out and help you with those or even some coyotes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top