Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2015 11:10:52 PM EDT
Looking for feedback from actual owners of said wifi game cameras.  I don't want to invest in paying another monthly fee (cellular) as the locations are mere miles from where I'd be staying and would be walking in those areas of the woods to setup anyhow.

I know some people like to use them so they can stay a distance away if the camera is placed near a hotbed of activity as to not put their scent down but other than that, most think it's worthless as the range is quite limited.  

However, I would look to use them for security + convenience purpose of having the camera installed out of ground reach, angled down while allowing me to get access to the pictures being in range instead of requiring me to climb back up and get the SD/USB stick every time.  

Any brand/model feedback, experiences or suggestions?  Has anyone used a similar approach?
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 8:03:00 PM EDT
[#1]
No one?
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 4:44:29 AM EDT
[#2]
get a cellular one
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 10:09:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I would look here for more info.

http://www.chasingame.com/forum/index.php
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 7:23:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry to say it, but ive killed alot of nice big bucks for my hunting areas. And I've always had normal trail camers you stick a card in. I go check them every few weeks, replace batteries all that good stuff.
I've got pictures of me replacing the batteries and 1 hour later a 160ish class buck came straight up to the camera and licked it. Deer dont care so much about scent.

Good luck with your decision
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top