Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2015 2:50:24 AM EDT
OK here's the deal my grandparents died this past year and we are in the process of selling all of their assets as well as the property. And just this past week one of the neighbors kill them selves.  This is where it gets weird the property lot the neighbor is on has about nine or 10 acres and they decide to make a makeshift memorial that resembles a grave site but no one is buried there  and they even placed a grave marker there that was given to them at the cemetery.  They decided to place this makeshift cemetery in the front of the pasture by the road using my grandparents property as a backdrop because their property looks like crap.  Technically speaking to her not breaking the law however I wish they would have more respect for their neighbors and we haven't had any issues with them up until this point. Here is a panoramic picture I took today

Link Posted: 9/21/2015 3:15:21 AM EDT
[#1]
The way you describe that there's nothing weird at all about it.

Your family isn't keeping the property, theirs looks like poo so they put it out at the edge where it eats up less of their space, and you guys are gone so why should they care?
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 3:47:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The way you describe that there's nothing weird at all about it.

Your family isn't keeping the property, theirs looks like poo so they put it out at the edge where it eats up less of their space, and you guys are gone so why should they care?
View Quote

^That.
Not to mention property rights and all. Looking at it, it seems tasteful. Beats the hell out of them stacking old tires or car parts.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 8:53:38 AM EDT
[#3]
We are in the process of selling The property so if I were a buyer I wouldn't wanna look at this as I'm having my coffee.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 10:11:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Punctuation is your friend.  Very hard to read what you type without sentences.

It's on their property right?  Then it's not your problem.  If it really bothers you, go talk to them about it.  However, looks pretty harmless to me.  Can't see how it'll be an issue for anyone other than you.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 10:39:13 AM EDT
[#5]
So...they made a landscaping design that is on their property, but you find distasteful and where it is you can view it.

Solution,

https://www.menards.com/main/home.html

Link Posted: 9/21/2015 12:05:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I can't figure out what it is you're trying to say.

Also, for the first time in recent memory, the picture isn't helping to explain anything.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 12:17:21 PM EDT
[#7]
We are going to be installing some 9ft  Italian cypress trees

Link Posted: 9/21/2015 12:27:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Sooo...  They put up a somewhat cheesy memorial on their property and you don't like it.

Your options are:
1.  Deal with it.  Put on those big-girl panties
2.  Buy their land and then tear it all down.

It won't be there forever.  First couple of good rains and it'll be washed out.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 2:47:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Is this picture taken from your parents property looking at theirs?  Is that the "memorial" that the chairs are sitting around?  

I'm confused.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 6:07:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Is this picture taken from your parents property looking at theirs?  Is that the "memorial" that the chairs are sitting around?  

I'm confused.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm confused.

These pictures were taken at my families property looking at their property.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 10:02:13 PM EDT
[#11]
First world problems.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 9:50:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I never got past the part about the neighbors memorializing the suicide of the family member.

That's usually done for someone who died honorably, like in war or line of duty.

When I lived out in Gig Harbor a family lost their son, don't know the details, but they started a 'memorial' facing 14th/Reid Road to his memory.  It's been under construction for YEARS and in my opinion is an eyesore.  I want to ask them, "Would your son think all this is honoring his memory, or do you think perhaps he'd rather you have dedicated the time and money to something more worthwhile?"

EDIT to add: I don't know if this link will work, but if it does you can switch between the overhead and street view.  It looks like he got a lot more done since the last time I drove by there.  His Keep

As to the OP's problem (the memorial, not the confusing paragraph), I second the opinions already stated-
Don't stress over it- you're selling the land
Hope it goes away (and if  the neighbor holds to their current property care regime, it may well get so overgrown you can no longer see it. Help that along with some midnight fertilizing)
Talk to the neighbor
Move the driveway to where the memorial cannot be seen
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 12:43:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks like a great spot to start a sheep and pig farm.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 9:55:45 PM EDT
[#14]

That's a creepy memorial.  Who needs a sun bathing chair?
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 10:10:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Dubble.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:26:40 PM EDT
[#16]
It appears to be their property.. so they get to do what they want with it unless they are violating some code, law, or restriction.

The good news is, based on the picture, come Thanksgiving, they are going to need them there chairs back up to the main house for the holiday 'cause uncle Gerald is bringing some KFC family packs over.. By the time the holiday feasting is over, it will be winter, they probably won't go sit up with their son until spring.. by which time, life will have moved on, and so will you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top