Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2015 8:54:18 PM EDT
I need some advice.

I own some fairly remote property, approximately 30 minutes from the nearest town, then 30 minutes up a mountain.  It's a 3 day drive from me.  I'm planning on heading up there in a few weeks for a black bear hunt/scouting for elk and whitetail, which begin a few weeks after that.

While I will at least get a cheap game camera to set up for the interim, are there any worthwhile cellular game cameras that work on the Verizon network?  I looked at Spypoint, but all of the reviews are negative.

Ideally, I'd love to be able to network a small handful of cameras, 4-5 of them, which could transmit wirelessly to a base station which could blast the pictures cellularly to my email.  Each would need a decent sized battery and solar panel.

Does anything out there exist that fits the bill?  I'm asking for Verizon because I have 4G coverage over the whole property, while AT&T gets no reception up there.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 4:55:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 7:27:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Buckeye Cam has what you need, but it is not cheap.

Link Posted: 9/13/2015 7:39:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Covert Code Black 3G. I use an AT&T Go Phone sim card for it (not sure which ones are Verizon compatible).

It cost a lot but it is an hours drive to my lease so it has paid for itself in gas savings.

I have an external battery with a solar panel attached. Below is a pic from yesterday.

Link Posted: 9/23/2015 10:11:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top